So, we know that Nargacuga is returning to World in some form, so it's time to discuss some other potential returning monsters as well as subspecies of the new monsters we've already gotten (we are not going to discuss completely new monsters because they can come up with anything)! Here's what we have...
- Popo: Since we're getting an ice map, the most famous arctic Herbivore is pretty much a given here.
- Anteka: They share quite a bit with Kelbi, so perhaps they're somewhat likely? Not to mention there's a showcased armor that looks like it came from them.
- Tigrex: Since Nargacuga is in, perhaps the most famous pseudowyvern that shares skeletons with Nargacuga is likely to get in? Besides, it's very popular, so it's likely.
- Khezu: Khezu may not be an objectively good monster, but let's be real: it is one of the safest picks you can go with when doing a tundra-dwelling cave wyvern.
- Jade Barroth: Since this is basically a G-Rank expansion, seeing subspecies isn't too far off. Since we have an ice map, Jade Barroth is pretty likely to be added...
POTENTIAL FOREST MAP (ONLY BROUGHT UP BECAUSE OF NARGACUGA):
- Green Nargacuga: Expected as a G-Rank subspecies
- Zinogre: Well, Nargacuga got in, so perhaps it's a possibility?
- Duramboros: Another well-known forest-dwelling monster, not to mention it shares a skeleton with many other monsters in this game.
- Steel Uragaan: Expected as a G-Rank subspecies
- Gold Rathian: Expected as a G-Rank rare species
- Silver Rathalos: Expected as a G-Rank rare species
- Savage Deviljho: Expected as a G-Rank variant
- Super Bazelgeuse variant: Expected for G-Rank
- Subspecies for Pukei-Pukei, Tobi-Kadachi, Anjanath, Paolumu, Legiana, Zorah Magdaros, and Xeno'jiiva: Expected for G-Rank
- Rusted Kushala Daora: Let's be real. As much as we all hate World's incarnation of Kushala Daora, there's no way its rusted variant isn't getting in. Sure, it may be another appallingly unfun fight, but it's to be expected.
What do you expect will come to Iceborne? Share your thoughts below!