|Unofficial Japanese Translations|
Some names in this Article may use unofficial translations, these are obtained through different means, official localizations from other games in the series take precedent over fan translations where possible, otherwise the Staff will provide temporary translations.
Whereas Akura Vashimu features purple crystals, Akura Jebia is mostly covered in white and blue crystals. It has a characteristic horn on its face that the Akura Vashimu lacks.
Akura Jebia is stronger and faster than Akura Vashimu and is also capable of throwing some of its sharper crystals as explosive shard projectiles. It has an exclusive attack where it leaps before swinging its tail in a full 360 spin, covering an extremely wide area.
Akura Jebia are overall more aggressive and ferocious compared to Akura Vashimu but otherwise share little difference in their behavior.
Other Non-Subspecies Forms
Monster Hunter Frontier Event Akura Jebia
Whilst Akura Jebia is normally exclusively found in the Swamp, Capcom released a one-day Event Quest on April 1, 2011 where it could be found in the Desert. This Akura Jebia had a vastly enlarged tail crystal, but no other major differences.
HC Akura Jebia
- When Akura Jebia's tail is cut instead of behaving like Akura Vashimu in the same situation, Akura Jebia will grow crystals from the tail stub covered in blood, It is able to launch these spikes as blood covered exploding projectiles in a wave.
- Akura Jebia's roar requires HG Earplugs to block.
- Akura Jebia's wind pressure requires Windproof (Hi) to block.
- Akura Jebia's tremors require Tremor Res +1 to block.
Monster Hunter Frontier
- HC Akura Jebia's roar requires Super HG earplugs to block.