Bazelgeuse is a large Flying Wyvern covered in thick, heavy scales with a bronze sheen. It has a bulky upper body and a large wingspan. Its underside is lined with protruding scales which fall off easily. The monster occasionally enters a "superheated" state, causing the gaps between its scales to glow red hot.
Behavior and Abilities
Bazelgeuse uses its scales offensively during combat. It is capable of dislodging them at will from its body and quickly replacing them. Once dislodged, the scales that drop on the field will act as similarly to land mines and will explode when struck by anything. However, once Bazelgeuse enters a superheated state, the scale will violently explode in a matter of seconds, causing concussive damage to all foes nearby. Bazelgeuse is capable of releasing a short-range blast of fire from its mouth, and will produce ear-piercing roars and bellows to disrupt its opponent. Its sturdy, muscular stature allows it to tackle and batter other monsters into submission.
Like most apex-level monsters, Bazelgeuse rules its territory with an iron fist. It will become hostile to any hunter or monster that crosses its path in order to assert its dominance. Endlessly aggressive, it will even actively seek out targets to battle with, and is generally assured victory when doing so. Bazelgeuse will actively seek out other monsters, usually flying in immediately after a hunter has engaged a large monster. It often starts fights with its bombing run attack, instead of roaring or even landing. Bazelgeuse has turf wars with Deviljho. This can often end in a tie, though regardless of the winner it is incredibly dangerous to be in the middle of one.
|Hitzone Damage Data|
|Hitzone||Cutting Damage||Impact Damage||Shot Damage|
|Breakable Parts:||Head, Back, Wings(Individually), Tail(Sever)|
|Element Weakness Damage Data|
|Abnormal Status Data|
|Poison||-5 / 10 seconds||320 damage / 20 seconds||-|
|Paralysis||-5 / 10 seconds||0 damage / 10 seconds||-|
|Sleep||-5 / 10 seconds||0 damage / 40 seconds||-|
|Blastblight||-||100 damage / 0 seconds||-|
|-5 / 10 seconds||250 drain / 0 seconds||-|
|Stun||-5 / 10 seconds||0 damage / 7 seconds||-|
|-||-||0 damage / 10→8→6→4 seconds||-|
|Dung||-||-||0 damage / 30 seconds||-|
|Pitfall Trap||-||-||10→8→6→4→2 seconds||-|
|Shock Trap||-||-||8→6→4→2 seconds||-|
|Ivy Trap||-||-||0 damage / 8 seconds||-|
|150 + 200||-5 / 5 seconds||-||-|
This section is about monster materials unique to Bazelgeuse in Monster Hunter: World and Monster Hunter World: Iceborne. For detailed lists, see Bazelgeuse Carves.
|6||1600z||Rare Bazelgeuse material. Mostly obtained by carving. Broadly used for many purposes.|
|6||2400z||Rare Bazelgeuse material. Mostly obtained as a reward. Solid, used to craft gear.|
|6||3600z||Rare Bazelgeuse material. Obtained by carving its severed tail. Stiff, used to craft gear.|
|6||4000z||Rare Bazelgeuse material. Obtained by breaking its head. Grants blast element properties.|
|6||3200z||Rare Bazelgeuse material. Mostly obtained by carving. Compatible with blast element.|
|6||3400z||Rare Bazelgeuse material. Obtained by breaking its wings. Hard, used in many weapons.|
|7||9600z||A rare gem said to have formed within Bazelgeuse tissue. Used to dramatically improve gear.|
This section is about Equipments made from Bazelgeuse materials in Monster Hunter: World and Monster Hunter World: Iceborne. For more information, see Bazelgeuse Equipment.
|Long Sword:||Dual Blades:||Hunting Horn:|
- Despite being introduced in Monster Hunter World, a game that mostly takes place in the New World, it was noted that Bazelgeuse have also been sighted in the Old World.
- Monster Hunter Rise marks the first time Bazelgeuse appears in an Old World area in-game.
Monster Hunter: World
- Interestingly, Bazelgeuse's and Seething Bazelgeuse's explosive scales are capable of inflicting Blastblight only on other monsters. However, a hunter will instead be inflicted with Fireblight when hit by the same attacks.
Monster Hunter Rise
- Bazelgeuse was added in Rise's first title update.
- A quest to fight Bazelguese is unlocked at Hunter Rank 8.
- After this quest is completed, a new Bazelgeuse quest is unlocked and automatically completed which randomizes the location where Bazelgeuse is fought.
- Bazelgeuse is faster in the air compared to its World incarnation.
- Bazelgeuse's scales can stick to vertical surfaces similar to Seething Bazelgeuse.
- Its bombing run attack covers a much wider area than before, enough to cover most or even the entirety of the smaller areas in the game.