Beotodus has the same body structure as the other New World's Piscine Wyverns -- stocky body and short fins -- but has a differently shaped head. Its head is slim with intense green eyes. Also unlike the others is a large black horn-like fin that projects far from its head. Beotodus's scales are black with yellow on the underbelly and head. Beotodus has a single shark-like dorsal fin and two small ear-like fins on its head. Like Jyuratodus, it covers its head, body, and tail in snow.
Behavior and Abilities
Beotodus swims through ice and deep snow as if it were water, not unlike Zamtrios. This allows it to easily sneak up on and overwhelm prey hindered by the snow, though they are vulnerable to Sonic Pods. They can also spit ice. They cover themselves in a layer of snow, which makes them less vunerable to attacks. If this snow is broken off, they will attempt to replace it later. They often burrow out of view, then suddenly charge out of the snow at hunters.
Click on Expand to see contents.
- Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (Introduced)
| Beotodus Shard|
|9||1530z||Very rare Beotodus material. Mostly obtained by carving. Used for many purposes.|
| Beotodus Cortex|
|9||2230z||Very rare Beotodus material. Mostly obtained as a reward. Hardy, used to craft gear.|
| Beotodus Hardhorn|
|9||2930z||Very rare Beotodus material. Obtained by breaking its head. Sharp, used in many weapons.|
| Beotodus Grandfin|
|9||3190z||Very rare Beotodus material. Obtained by breaking its back. Used for many purposes.|
| Large Wyvern Gem|
|9||8000z||A wyvern gem that has grown further over the ages. Emits a mesmerizing shimmer.|
- For more information, see Beotodus Equipment
The following is a complete weapon list for Beotodus weapons:
|Great Sword:||Dual Blades:||Charge Blade:|
|Insect Glaive:||Light Bowgun:|
- Beotodus's snow covering, head, back fin, legs, and tail can be wounded.
- Using the Clutch Claw to slam Beotodus into a wall will immediately remove the entire snow covering from the monster.
- Beotodus's roar requires Earplugs Lv3 to block.
- The skull of what appears to be an enormous Beotodus can be found amidst a pile of Piscine Wyvern bones in the Boaboa Village in the Hoarfrost Reach. The size of the skull indicates that the Beotodus it came from would be significantly larger than the ones Hunters face in the Reach today.