- "A Vaal Hazak variant encrusted with spores that spew a torrent of toxic effluvium at any who draw close."
- — MHWI Description
Blackveil Vaal Hazak is similar to its counterpart in terms of general appearance. The main difference is that it's covered in strange moss-like pustules that emit Effluvium constantly. These pustules even go as far to cover its head, rendering it blind. Should they be removed/broken however, it is able to see again. Contrasting regular Vaal Hazak's dark red and silver coloring, Blackveil is a green and milky-white coloring.
Behavior and Abilities
Blackveil Vaal Hazak is a passive monster, that only attacks when provoked. Like its counterpart, it mainly uses its Effluvium as a form of attack, but also as a form of finding prey and infecting other monsters. The moss that grows on its body can be spread about to infect not just monsters but its surrounding area as well, transforming the environment into its ideal area of operation. One can tell if a Blackveil Vaal Hazak is near if the air is shrouded in a thick green fog of effluvial spores. The pustules seemed to have changed its breath from the stream of concentrated Effluvium into a smog-like gas that can adhere to the ground temporarily.
Click on Expand to see contents.
- Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (Introduced)
Vaal Hazak is a grotesque elder dragon inhabiting the deepest part of the Rotten Vale. It uses the fatal vapor of the vale in what appears to be some kind of symbiotic relationship.
For more images, see Blackveil Vaal Hazak Photo Gallery
- Blackveil Vaal Hazak replaces the standard Vaal Hazak in Master Rank.
- Hunters who wish to avoid the slow AOE Ground Breath need only to clutch onto Blackveil Vaal Hazak's chest or forelegs, as doing so before it begins its attack renders you immune.
- Blackveil Vaal Hazak can also perform a sweeping breath attack going from left to right, instead of right to left, like the standard species.
- You can predict this by listening to the noise it will make, with the standard beam, you will hear Blackveil roar, and with the new attack, you can hear a whistling inhale sound.