Crimson Fatalis is a Fatalis whose shells and scales have become a reddish-crimson color after generations of exposure to the Volcano. One of its four horns is extremely overgrown in comparison to the rest.
Extremely aggressive and violent, even by Fatalis standards. Crimson Fatalis' rage is nearly everlasting. The dragon's natural element of lava and its extreme rage go hand in hand. It will kill anything in its path without a second thought.
It lurks in the depths of the Volcanic Belt, where it lives as one with the environment.
Click on Expand to see contents.
- Monster Hunter G (Introduced)
- Monster Hunter Freedom
- Monster Hunter 2
- Monster Hunter Freedom 2
- Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
- Monster Hunter 4
- Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
- Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate
- Monster Hunter Frontier
- Monster Hunter Frontier Season 2.0
- Monster Hunter Frontier Season 3.0
- Monster Hunter Frontier Season 4.0
- Monster Hunter Frontier Season 5.0
- Monster Hunter Frontier Season 6.0
- Monster Hunter Frontier Season 7.0
- Monster Hunter Frontier Season 8.0
- Monster Hunter Frontier Season 9.0
- Monster Hunter Frontier Season 10
- Monster Hunter Frontier Forward.1
- Monster Hunter Frontier Forward.2
- Monster Hunter Frontier Forward.3
- Monster Hunter Frontier Forward.4
- Monster Hunter Frontier Forward.5
- Monster Hunter Frontier G
- Monster Hunter Frontier G2
- Monster Hunter Frontier G3
- Monster Hunter Frontier G Genuine
- Monster Hunter Frontier G5
- Monster Hunter Frontier G6
- Monster Hunter Frontier G7
- Monster Hunter Frontier G8
- Monster Hunter Frontier G9
- Monster Hunter Frontier G10
- Monster Hunter Frontier Z
- Monster Hunter Frontier Z Zenith
Other Non-Subspecies Forms
G-Rank Crimson Fatalis (Monster Hunter Frontier G)
It is fought in the Deep Crater and is fought as a Conquest War Quest Monster. It was released on April 30, 2014.
It is the only known monster to use the new Crimson Demon Element.
For carves and materials from other games, see Crimson Fatalis Carves.
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Crimson Fatalis shares its music theme with Fatalis.
|MH: Crimson Fatalis & Fatalis Music Theme|
MH4U: Crimson Fatalis Variant Music Theme
In Monster Hunter Frontier G G-Rank Crimson Fatalis gets two new themes. The first one plays when Crimson Fatalis is calm, while other theme plays when Crimson Fatalis is in its second stage of Rage.
|MHF-G: G-Rank Crimson Fatalis Music Theme|
MH4U Breakable Parts
- The Crimson Fatalis poses more of a threat towards ranged rather than melee hunters, due to most of its attacks being ranged. Sticking under its belly and minimizing the physical damage from it is a great way to bring it down.
- One of its most powerful abilities is summoning meteors that shower all around it.
- It is able to fly very high into the sky and dive down in a violent streak to crush the hunter who is not fast enough to get out of its way.
- There is in fact a pattern to Crimson Fatalis' meteors; they will normally fall in one of several patterns around it.
- It has a Rage mode, in which, unlike Black Fatalis, no melee weapon without the aid of ESP skill can penetrate it, and Fatalis takes only 10% of all damage it normally takes, except Bomb damage.
- There are no Dragonator, Ballista, or Cannons for aid in battle.
- Crimson Fatalis has the least HP out of the three Fatalis brethren.
- Crimson Fatalis' roar requires HG Earplugs to block.
- In Monster Hunter 4, Crimson Fatalis was only huntable in a special DLC Event quest.
- This changes in Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate as it can now be hunted in Caravan Quests.
Monster Hunter Freedom
- Crimson Fatalis is the final boss, following the pattern of subspecies introduced in the game.
Monster Hunter Freedom 2
- There are two ways to battle a Crimson Fatalis. The faster method is to download the quest called "The Crimson Disaster", which features a significantly weaker version that can and must be slayed in one single quest. This is considered by many to be a fun quest but not the true battle.
- The second way to fight a Crimson Fatalis, and to many, the real Crimson Fatalis, is to unlock the quest called "The End Times". It is a Guild 8-Stars quest. In order to unlock it, one must have unlocked the Black Fatalis quest by going through one weapon line of the Training School quests (e.g. All SnS and DS / All GS and LS etc.) and defeat it. Once one has slain 10 of every Elder Dragon including the Black Fatalis, the Crimson Fatalis quest will appear next to the Black Fatalis quest in the HR6/8-Star quest group.
- In "The End Times", players will battle a Crimson Fatalis at its full health and power, which means it will take a few quest rounds to actually defeat it. It will flee from a quest when considerable damage has been dealt to it and the time remaining for the quest is 25 minutes.
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
- Crimson Fatalis is unlocked at High Rank by slaying Fatalis, and at HR9 by slaying Fatalis and doing every G*** Elder Dragon quest.
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
- Just like earlier games Crimson Fatalis starts the fight by using its dive bomb attack towards hunters.
- It now resides in the Ingle Isle.
- Crimson Fatalis gains the new long range fire breath attack that Fatalis gained in this generation, as well as a short range explosive attack.
- Crimson Fatalis no longer has an armor mode.
- Its head may be ridden in the same manner as most other monsters backs.
- While the G Rank Crimson Fatalis looks different and has a different music theme, it is still considered a normal Crimson Fatalis and not a variant.
- In G Rank, it can release a heatwave with its wings that damages the hunters in a similar way as if they were standing near a lava pool, however the hunter's health bar depletes much faster.