Due to the rampant dragon energy, Crimson Glow Valstrax has permanent glowing red marks connecting from the chest to the wings, showing up on the sides and wing-arms. The wings have a different design than a normal Valstrax's wings, looking more like exhaust vents, and are covered in glowing red color similar to a normal enraged Valstrax. When inhaling air, the wings will glow a bright red and start spewing out dragon energy. When angered significantly, the energy starts to burst out in the form of large energy spikes on its head, and the whole torso glows red in color, with large amounts of dragon flame coming out of the chest and sides.
Behavior and Abilities
It is far more aggressive than its normal variant and is known to attack anything in sight. This is due to the fact that its dragon energy has gone rampant, altering its behavior in response to the constant pain caused by the energy. This causes the Crimson Glow Valstrax to become more active and less reclusive compared to its normal counterpart. It also has a tendency to ambush Hunters and monsters alike during hunts without warning, akin to the various invader monsters like Deviljho or Bazelgeuse, with the Ambush prompt being the only warning that a Crimson Glow Valstrax is in the area and is poised to attack.
- Monster Hunter Rise (Introduced)
|“||After channeling energy into its wings, it will unleash a powerful attack. It sucks in this energy from its chest, and that's the moment to wait for. Prevent it from powering up and cause the energy to combust, dealing serious damage to the creature.||„|
- Crimson Glow Valstrax was added to Monster Hunter Rise in the 3.0 Title Update on May 27th, 2021.
- Crimson Glow Valstrax is the second Variant in the series to be introduced in a game where its standard version is not present, following Scarred Yian Garuga.
- When its wings are in their backwards state, Crimson Glow Valstrax is capable of firing a large draconic beam akin to that of Nakarkos.
- After performing a rocket dash towards the hunter, Crimson Glow Valstrax can hover high in the air. At that point, it will follow up by either landing and shooting out draconic energy blasts or diving down on the hunter.
- An Urgent Quest featuring the Crimson Glow Valstrax is unlocked once the hunter has defeated Narwa the Allmother and reached HR100.
- After this Urgent Quest is completed, a new Crimson Glow Valstrax quest is unlocked and automatically completed which randomizes the location where the monster is fought.
- Crimson Glow Valstrax is currently the final monster that can be unlocked in Monster Hunter Rise.
|▷ Monsters appearing in Monster Hunter Rise (edit)|
|Herbivore||Anteka Kelbi Kestodon Popo Rhenoplos Slagtoth|
|Fanged Beast|| Bombadgy Bullfango|
Arzuros Apex Arzuros Bishaten Goss Harag Lagombi Rajang Volvidon
|Bird Wyvern|| Baggi Gargwa Izuchi Jaggi Jaggia Wroggi|
Aknosom Great Baggi Great Izuchi Great Wroggi Kulu-Ya-Ku Pukei-Pukei
|Brute Wyvern||Anjanath Barroth|
|Fanged Wyvern|| Jagras|
Magnamalo Tobi-Kadachi Zinogre Apex Zinogre
Almudron Mizutsune Apex Mizutsune Royal Ludroth Somnacanth
|Piscine Wyvern|| Delex|
|Flying Wyvern||Barioth Basarios Bazelgeuse Diablos Apex Diablos Khezu Nargacuga Rathalos Apex Rathalos Rathian Apex Rathian Tigrex|
|Elder Dragon||Chameleos Crimson Glow Valstrax Kushala Daora Teostra Thunder Serpent Narwa Narwa the Allmother Wind Serpent Ibushi|