Unlike the normal variety, this subspecies is red and blue in color. The electric flints are unique to this subspecies.
Instead of generating an explosion of fire, the flints spark together to create a large shock of electricity, capable of inflicting Thunderblight. This may be possible by using its unique wing talons and electrically conductive mucus. It is also capable of creating a bright flash, like Gypceros, to temporarily blind the hunter and any other monsters in the area at the time. Unlike the normal Qurupeco, this subspecies has a roar that requires the Earplugs Skill to block.
Its vocal sac is not clearly visible under normal conditions; however, it is apparent when the Qurupeco is performing a vocal. Like the original Qurupeco, this monster can give a heal or an attack or defense boost to the monsters around it. If interrupted during its song, either by a Sonic Bomb or dealing enough damage to the throat sac, Qurupeco's heal or boost can be applied to the hunters and their allies. One of its new abilities is a song which makes the monsters it summons instantly enter Rage mode.
It also seems that it is larger and more aggressive than the regular Qurupeco. The Crimson Qurupeco is also known to call both the green and the regular Nargacuga.
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd
|Hitzone||Cut. D.||Imp. D.||Shot D.|
|Vocal Sac (When Dancing)||50||40||70||15||5||0||20||0|
- It will generate a disorienting flash much like that of a Gypceros when it assumes a certain posture and after three "clicks."
- If both flints are broken, it takes five "clicks" to create its flash, giving more time to hunters to evade or block it.
- The flashes it generates also disorients nearby monsters, be they minions or boss monsters.
- Crimson Qurupeco has a natural resistance to flash stuns.
- Crimson Qurupeco can roar in the air much like Rathalos.
- Crimson Qurupeco's roar requires Earplugs to block.
- Crimson Qurupeco has the ability to summon more than one boss monster during a quest.
- The Crimson Qurupeco can summon Wroggi, Ludroth, Bullfango, Great Wroggi, Brute Tigrex, Rathalos, Nargacuga, Green Nargacuga, Arzuros, Deviljho, Purple Ludroth, Pink Rathian, Duramboros and Stygian Zinogre.
- Crimson Qurupeco can do a Stamina dance. When the monster is interrupted when doing the dance, it can give a boost similar to a Dash Juice.
- In the event that the Crimson Qurupeco dies just before calling a monster to it's aid, the aforementioned reinforcement may ignore the call for help and will feed on the dead carcass of the Qurupeco.
- Both Qurupeco species will attempt to summon the reinforcement monster even after said monster is captured or slain.
- Crimson Qurupeco's icon displays it with blue vocal sac. This is highly inaccurate, as the actual Crimson Qurupeco has a red sac like the common species.
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
- There is an event quest where the Crimson Qurupeco is much smaller than normal, much like the individual mini monsters in previous Monster Hunter games (like Yian Kut-Ku and Khezu). In addition to that, it can call a tiny Uragaan, quite similar to the one from the Phantom Uragaan Event Quest in Monster Hunter Tri.
- In G-rank, Crimson Qurupeco and its original counterpart can make hunters fall asleep.
- If fatigued the Crimson Qurupeco will also fall asleep.
- All other monsters in the same area will also fall asleep (not confirmed for Bnahabras), and all hunters and monsters will wake up at the same time.