Its appearance is similar to Najarala in terms of body type. It has a snake-like face, with bright red eyes, numerous fangs, and many hook-like spikes along its body which start out clustered around its head and neck, and becoming more spread out along its long body, with a small cluster near the tip of its tail, which is topped with a pair of red barbs that it can rattle in a manner similar to rattlesnakes. Its has a pair of large clawed forearms like Najarala, but the only remnant of hind legs it has are small spurs, similar to pythons, boas, and anacondas. Its chest has glowing vents, which huff steam when it is enraged. Its face and tail will also glow red when in its Raged state.
It is capable of using Fire to attack, and can shoot bright blue balls of flame at the hunters, as well as shooting them skyward to where they fall like meteors, similar to Dire Miralis. When enraged it will use a powerful Flamethrower-like attack, first firing straight at the area and then with a sweeping blast, similar to Ceadeus' water blast.
Dalamadur lives high in the peaks of the Heavenly Mountains that surround Cathar Village. Its numerous hook-like spines may help it navigate the treacherous terrain, as they may provide a more secure grip than it could generate with its claws and body alone. Local rumors suggest that the falling debris that is common in the Heavenly Mountains is the result of Dalamadur's burrowing. It is not known if Dalamadur travels to other areas.
Dalamadur's Japanese name (Dara Amadyura) is a reference to the Babylonian word for tower, "Dara", and the Babylonian word for armor, "Amadyura".
|MH4: Dalamadur Music Theme 1|
|MH4: Dalamadur Music Theme 2|
Dalamadur has two Music Themes. The first theme plays in the first half of the quest while the second theme plays when sufficient damage has been done to it.
This music theme is shared with Shah Dalamadur.
MH4U Breakable Parts
|Right Claw (x1)|
|Left Claw (x1)|
- Its head can be broken twice: first the spikes, then the teeth and left eye. Its back, legs, and chest can also be broken twice along with its tail severed and carved. Its vestigial back legs can also be broken once.
- Dalamadur has a fireball move similar to Dire Miralis where it charges an orb and locks on its attack on a hunter.
- Unlike other monsters, Dalamadur has two icons which show the front and back of its body and are used to target its head and tail respectively.
- It also has two Map Icons.
- Its tongue is capable of paralyzing hunters if they stand too close to its head.
- Dalamadur's roar requires HG Earplugs to block.
- At 1445 feet in length, Dalamadur is currently the longest and possibly heaviest known monster in Monster Hunter history.
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
- When close to death, its chest vents become larger and brighter.
- When Dalamadur's chest glows and emits blue sparks, hunters standing near its chest will experience Health reduction similar to that from Teostra's Fire Barrier. This can be avoided using the Heat Cancel skill.
- When it coils itself around the spire, hunters can jump onto its head and either attack it or carve it for 2 carves.
- However, it isn't possible to carve its head if the horn isn't broken.
- This carve spot is also extremely vulnerable to damage.
- Dalamadur's fireballs can sometimes be stuck on the ground, allowing hunters to mine them with pickaxes until they break after a short while.
Monster Hunter: World
- The explorable portion of the Rotten Vale is partially made up of the corpses of multiple ancient relatives of Dalamadur.