She has a brownish olive-green shell and a narrower tail pincer than that of the common species. Her eyes are bright green like those of the Desert Seltas.
The tail seems more articulate and is able to pull her digging male counterpart out of the sand. She is even capable of using her tail to mount and launch a mate or a pinned hunter on a water blast with startling accuracy, the former shattering the drone to pieces and enabling pulling a new drone out of the ground.
Desert Seltas Queen can be found in the Dunes.
The prefix Desert was chosen because of the monster's habitat and the fact that the desert is the only environment in which both the Seltas and Seltas Queen of this subspecies can be encountered together.
MH4U Breakable Parts
|Right Front Leg (x1)|
|Left Front Leg (x1)|
|Right Hind Leg (x1)|
|Left Hind Leg (x1)|
- Like Seltas Queen, Desert Seltas Queen can merge with its male counterpart but with a few differences:
- Desert Seltas Queen and Desert Seltas can not do combined attacks like Seltas Queen and Seltas.
- Desert Seltas Queen can "fire" Desert Seltas at hunters by holding him above its maw with its tail before shooting him with a water blast, breaking apart and killing Desert Seltas. Desert Seltas Queen's pin attack behaves in the same way.
- After Desert Seltas is killed by this attack, Desert Seltas Queen can immediately grab another Desert Seltas from the ground with its tail.
- If Desert Seltas attempts to leave the area by digging, Desert Seltas Queen will immediately grab Desert Seltas from the ground with its tail and forcefully place him on her back.
- Its head, claws, tail, and each leg can be wounded.
- It will feed on a carcass to regain stamina.
- During the localization process, potential name candidates for Desert Seltas Queen included Seltas Dreadqueen, Panzer Seltas Queen, and Amazon Seltas Queen