She has a brownish olive-green shell and a narrower tail pincer than that of the common species. Her eyes are bright green like those of the Desert Seltas.
The tail seems more articulate and is able to pull her digging male counterpart out of the sand. She is even capable of using her tail to mount and launch a mate or a pinned hunter on a water blast with startling accuracy, the former shattering the drone to pieces and enabling pulling a new drone out of the ground.
Desert Seltas Queen can be found in the Dunes.
- Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (Introduced)
MH4U Breakable Parts
|Right Front Leg (x1)|
|Left Front Leg (x1)|
|Right Hind Leg (x1)|
|Left Hind Leg (x1)|
- Like Seltas Queen, Desert Seltas Queen can merge with its male counterpart but with a few differences:
- Desert Seltas Queen and Desert Seltas can perform combined attacks like Seltas Queen and Seltas but the moveset for them is very limited compared to the original.
- Desert Seltas Queen can "fire" Desert Seltas at hunters by holding him above its maw with its tail before shooting him with a water blast, breaking apart and killing Desert Seltas. Desert Seltas Queen's pin attack behaves in the same way.
- After Desert Seltas is killed by this attack, Desert Seltas Queen can immediately grab another Desert Seltas from the ground with its tail.
- If Desert Seltas attempts to leave the area by digging, Desert Seltas Queen will immediately grab Desert Seltas from the ground with its tail and forcefully place him on her back.
- Its head, claws, tail, and each leg can be wounded.
- It will feed on a carcass or Desert Seltas to regain stamina.
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
- During the localization process, potential name candidates for Desert Seltas Queen included Seltas Dreadqueen, Panzer Seltas Queen, and Amazon Seltas Queen
|▷ Monsters appearing in Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (edit)|
|Herbivore||Apceros Aptonoth Kelbi Popo Rhenoplos Slagtoth|
Tetsucabra Berserk Tetsucabra Zamtrios Tigerstripe Zamtrios
|Fanged Beast|| Conga|
Congalala Emerald Congalala Kecha Wacha Ash Kecha Wacha Lagombi Rajang Furious Rajang
Daimyo Hermitaur Plum Daimyo Hermitaur
|Neopteron|| Altaroth Bnahabra Konchu|
Seltas Desert Seltas Seltas Queen Desert Seltas Queen
|Temnoceran||Nerscylla Shrouded Nerscylla|
|Bird Wyvern|| Gargwa Genprey Ioprey Jaggi Jaggia Velociprey|
Gendrome Great Jaggi Gypceros Purple Gypceros Iodrome Velocidrome Yian Garuga Yian Kut-Ku Blue Yian Kut-Ku
|Brute Wyvern||Brachydios Raging Brachydios Deviljho Savage Deviljho|
|Fanged Wyvern||Zinogre Stygian Zinogre|
|Piscine Wyvern|| Delex Cephalos|
|Snake Wyvern|| Remobra|
Najarala Tidal Najarala
|Flying Wyvern||Akantor Basarios Ruby Basarios Diablos Black Diablos Gravios Black Gravios Khezu Red Khezu Monoblos White Monoblos Rathalos Azure Rathalos Silver Rathalos Rathian Pink Rathian Gold Rathian Seregios Tigrex Brute Tigrex Molten Tigrex Ukanlos|
|Elder Dragon||Chameleos Dalamadur Shah Dalamadur Dah'ren Mohran Fatalis Crimson Fatalis White Fatalis Gogmazios Kirin Oroshi Kirin Kushala Daora Rusted Kushala Daora Shagaru Magala Teostra|
|???||Gore Magala Chaotic Gore Magala|