|Some of the names in this Article use an unofficial English translation of its official Japanese Name.|
The name is obtained either by using Japanese translating programs or through previous existing English equivalent terms in the game. The names will be used as quick references around other articles in the Monster Hunter Wiki until Capcom reveals the official English names for them.
Bearing a strong resemblance to normal Rathalos, the Dreadking Rathalos doesn't have many qualities to differentiate itself from them. Despite looking alike, Dreadking Rathalos are overall larger wyverns, with relatively thicker features such as their talons and tail spines. They are also more of a crimson color where the normal Rathalos is red, and their black plating has a noticable iridescent sheen. The patterns on their wings are identical, but in contrast to normal Rathalos, a Dreadking's wings are a darker brown with cream colored markings.
Dreadking Rathalos have the same movesets as their relatives, but with a few new ones of their own. They are capable of shooting fireballs that stay on the ground slowly changing from the color black to orange before it explodes. The explosion covers a wide area, which is indicated by a large sphere of fire around the fireball. Also, the sphere also drains the health of hunters within the explosions radius.
Dreadking Rathalos venomous talons further developed to contain Noxious Poison.
In MHXX, like their female counterparts, Dreadking Rathalos are capable of shooting three fireballs at a time.
Dreadking Rathalos are truly dangerous monsters with their destructive fireballs. Hunters are required to have a special permit in order to hunt them.
Dreadking Rathalos inhabit almost any environment like their pre-evolved relative, Rathalos.
|MHGen: Deviant Theme|
- Dreadking Rathalos' head, wings, and back can be wounded and its tail can be wounded and severed.
- Dreadking Rathalos is highly resistant to elemental and status damage until its parts are broken.
- Dreadking Rathalos is for the most part immune to Flash Bombs while airborne. Moments before it performs certain attacks, it can be Flash Bomb'd out of the air.
- If one of its wings is broken, it will lose its aerial resistance to Flash Bombs.
- When on the ground, Flash Bombs will affect it as normal.
- Much like Silver Rathalos, Dreadking Rathalos has a fiery bite on the ground. Unlike Silver Rathalos's fiery bites, Dreadking Rathalos advances forward twice, or three times in Rage Mode, as it does the attack.
- When it breaths its area of effect fireball, the fireball will slowly change from black to orange before it explodes. The explosion covers a wide area, which is indicated by a large sphere of fire around the fireball.
- The sphere also drains the health of hunters within the explosions radius.
- Its range will increase in higher levels.
- Dreadking Rathalos' roar requires HG Earplugs to block.