A Dreadqueen Rathian tends to be bigger than normal Rathian, while also having a purple tint on her scales, as if poison had been seeping through all parts of her body. Poison can be seen secreting from a Dreadqueen's tail whenever she attacks with it.
Dreadqueen Rathian have the same moveset as their relatives, however, they also have new attacks. They often use their poisonous tails to attack hunters and inflict either poison, noxious poison or deadly poison. Also, much like Gold Rathian, Dreadqueen Rathian are capable of combining a flame bite and a poisonous tail attack, making them even more dangerous.
Sometimes when enraged, Dreadqueen Rathian will fly high up and then plummet down onto their targets while also attempting to hit them with their poisonous tails.
Dreadqueen Rathian are truly dangerous monsters and a lot more lethal than normal Rathian, being much more territorial, and they're ultra-aggressive, attacking hunters mercilessly with extreme graphic violence. Hunters are required to have a special permit in order to hunt them.
Dreadqueen Rathian inhabit a great variety of environments much like their relatives.
- Gyuakuten Othellonia
|MHGen: Deviant Theme|
- Dreadqueen Rathian is immune to Flash Bombs while airborne.
- If one of her wings is broken, it will lose its aerial resistance to Flash Bombs.
- When on the ground, Flash Bombs will affect her as normal.
- To recover stamina she will feed on a carcass.
- Attacking with her tail allows it to leave poison spikes in the area.
- In higher level special permit quests, Dreadqueen Rathian's poison becomes much more deadly and can inflict Fatal Poison.
- Dreadqueen Rathian's head, wings, and back can be wounded and her tail can be wounded and severed.
- Wounding the tail weakens the poison's power.
- Cutting the tail prevents it from leaving poison spikes.
- Dreadqueen Rathian uses Gold Rathian's moveset in addition to some new attacks.
- Dreadqueen Rathian's roar requires HG Earplugs to block.
- Dreadqueen Rathian is the only Deviant in Generations that appears in another Deviant's Special Permit Quest - in this case, the level 10 Dreadking Rathalos quest.
- G-Rank Dreadqueen Rathian gains a new attack: a flaming bite followed by a powerful but short-ranged fire blast.
Monster Hunter Rise
- While it does not directly appear in Monster Hunter Rise, Apex Rathian shares many of its moves, including the poison spikes.