Dyuragaua has the typical body structure of a "Pseudo Wyvern", and is most likely related to similar monsters such as the Tigrex. Its iridescent hide is covered with cyan and turquoise scales, with deep orange ridges, spikes, claws and horns. The tail terminates in a "club" covered with rounded bumps or knobs in a staggered pattern. When enraged parts of its wings, claws, head, and tail club will be covered in a layer of frost and the nubs on the club will have icy spikes on them
Dyuragaua primarily attack with claw swipes, spin attacks, and swinging their tails, but are also capable of releasing large waves of cold air as a breath attack and can also create freezing cold gusts with a swipe of their claws. Lastly they have an enraged attack where they flip forward and slam their tails down on the ground releasing a gas cloud which causes Sleep.
Dyuragaua are highly territorial and ferocious when cornered but surprisingly very wary of people, this being the reason they aren't sighted very often. They have a notable rivalry with the Flying Wyverns Berukyurosu.
Despite what their abilities would suggest Dyuragaua rarely venture into frigid areas like the Glacial Valley and prefer dryer and warmer climates like the Highland, Gorge, and especially the Nest Hole.
Other Non-Subspecies Forms
Hard Core (HC) Dyuragaua
Able to first be hunted at SR22.
HC Dyuragaua has more vibrant colors, larger claws, longer horns and longer spikes.
Its attacks are mostly Gou Dyuragaua attacks like triple beams, double twisters and combo attacks now speed up plus a new attack where it sticks its claws in the ground then scratch's across the ground dragging its claws making twisters spin off in a circle.
Another feature that make HC Dyuragaua unique is its ability to side step evade flash bombs much like a hunter can evade a flash from a Gypceros.
|MHO: Dyuragaua Music Theme|
- In a Monster Hunter Frontier benchmark released by Capcom, Dyuragaua is seen attacking a hunter and Berukyurosu at the Gorge..
- Dyuragaua's roar requires HG Earplugs to block.
- Dyuragaua is based on the kitsune.
- Originally, Dyuragaua was going to be based on a dark hero.
- Similar to one of Mi Ru faces, Dyuragaua face resemble those of Oni (Japanese folklore demons).
- Dyuragaua will taunt by sharpening their claws.
- The tail cannot be cut, but the spikes on it can be broken, only when enraged however.
- Despite having ice based attacks when calm Dyuragaua can only cause Frostbite when enraged.
- When a Dyuragaua jumps back with its tail in the air and postured with one arm ahead of it, it will wait for someone to attack it first to do a counter attack that causes KO making hunters fall on their knees.
- Dyuragaua takes an extremely high amount of damage from Poison (720). At HR5 Gou (剛) this is doubled and becomes 1440. However, its resistance to Poison also skyrockets each time it is inflicted.
- HC Dyuragaua's roar requires Super HG Earplugs to block.
- An HR5 Dyuragaua is capable of a triple beam attack, triple ice tornadoes, a smash attack that knocks hunters into the air then ice blasting them mid air and freezing the ground beneath it with its breath as it jumps into the air, it then lands tail first breaking the ice layer it made hoping the chunks will hit hunters, bounces from the tail landing then lands on all fours. It should also be noted that HC Dyuragaua is capable of these attacks at any rank.
- In MHFG G rank Dyuragaua gets a upgrade to its ground freezing attack where it makes a pillar of ice instead of just freezing the ground and then breaks it sending large chunks of ice in multiple directions until they hit something.