Much like its standard counterpart, the Ebony Odogaron sports scales and bone like protrusions which resemble muscle tissues that cover its entire body. However, these scales and protrusions have a dark blue and jet black coloration to them, hence its Ebony name. Its claws also have a more blood red coloration in comparison to the standard Odogaron's claws and are serrated.
Unlike the standard Odogaron, the Ebony Odogaron has glowing red eyes and its mouth emits a black smoke, not unlike Savage Deviljho, which has dragon element properties.
Behavior and Abilities
The Ebony Odogaron is an aggressive creature which is always on the hunt for its next meal. It carries its latest kill in its mouth as a means of sustenance to further improve its abilities when needed.
Much like its regular counterpart, the Ebony Odogaron combats with extreme precision, making it a deadly monster when confronted. It will swipe with its claws and tail in order to assault its opponent and will look for openings to bite them with its powerful jaws. However, being an evolved individual which has taken on new traits, it also has new abilities not seen on a regular Odogaron and is even able to inflict Dragonblight onto its opponents with the smoke it generates from its mouth. It will also spit chunks of flesh which it has been eating in order to attack its foes, infusing the flesh with dragon element to deal Dragonblight damage against its foe.
With its more aggressive behavior, the Ebony Odogaron is willing to attack even its standard counterpart.
|10||3580z||Very rare Ebony Odogaron material. Mostly obtained by carving. Broadly used for many purposes.|
|10||5480z||Very rare Ebony Odogaron material. Mostly obtained as a reward. Solid, used to craft gear.|
|10||7380z||Very rare Ebony Odogaron material. Obtained by breaking its forelegs. Sharp, used in many weapons.|
|10||7460z||Very rare Ebony Odogaron material. Obtained by breaking its head. Sharp, used in many weapons.|
|10||7620z||Very rare Ebony Odogaron material. Obtained by carving its severed tail. Stiff, used to craft gear.|
|11||18000z||Very rare Ebony Odogaron material. Used to craft weapons powerful enough to take over the world.|
|Guiding Lands Only|
|10||3500z||Very rare Ebony Odogaron material. The Guiding Lands' energy fortifies the monsters living there.|
|10||5500z||Very rare Tempered Ebony Odogaron material. A product of the brutal power struggle in the Guiding Lands.|
- For more information, see Ebony Odogaron Equipment
The following is a complete weapon list for Ebony Odogaron weapons:
|Dual Blades||Lance||Charge Blade|
|Insect Glaive||Light Bowgun|
- Dealing enough elemental damage to its head will knock it out of its frenzied state.
- Ebony Odogaron can inflict Bleeding, however, it has lower buildup rate than the regular counterpart.
- Ebony Odogaron is one of four monsters that can regularly spawn in all known locale in Iceborne, the other three being Banbaro, Fulgur Anjanath and Savage Deviljho.
- Ebony Odogaron has turf wars with Rathalos and its subspecies, Glavenus and its subspecies, Paolumu and its subspecies, Legiana and its variant, Nargacuga, Tzitzi-Ya-Ku, Brachydios, Uragaan, Barioth, Tigrex and its subspecies and Blackveil Vaal Hazak.