Farunokku are easily identifiable monsters, due to their vivid yellow and teal colors, as well as their signature "manes" — puffy balls of feathers that grow on the Farunokku's necks. They have light brown beaks and dark brown, three-toed feet. Small stripes of yellow can be seen on the frames of their wings, and lines of erect feathers can be found on the back of their legs. Their tails are long and curve upward towards the end, with yellow underneath and blue on the top.
It is capable of producing powerful static electricity attacks, which it appears to use in a defensive manner mostly, though it can also breath out electric spheres as offensive projectiles. Much like the Hypnocatrice, it will jump around repeatedly and move about as if it were dancing while attacking with its head, feet and tail.
When angered or charged with static electricity Farunokku will violently chase even predators relentlessly with no mercy. Though otherwise they are rather docile yet curious creatures.
|MHO: Farunokku Theme|
- In the first MHFG trailer a Farunokku is seen confronting a Hypnocatrice.
- Farunokku superficially resembles Hypnocatrice, in the same way that Yian Garuga resembles Yian Kut-Ku.
- Unlike Hypnocatrice, Farunokku has a feathery mane on its head, differently shaped feathers on its back and tail, and feathers on the back of its legs. Plus the wing membranes appear to look scratched up.
- The head can be broken twice and its tail can be severed and carved.
- When enraged the mane with puff up and surge with electricity and static will periodically crackle in various areas around the body.
- Farunokku has a unique theme in Monster Hunter Online.