|“||Bipedal creatures resembling cats, known for their light hair. Though usually docile, they will attack viciously if provoked. Naturally curious, some try to enter human society, and are often hired by the Guild to cook for and otherwise assist hunters.||„|
Felynes resemble bipedal cats and are capable of human language. They typically have light fur, but can come in a variety of colors and patterns.
Felynes perform a small variety of jobs in villages, from shopkeeping to farm maintenance, but most notably they may work under a hunter as Felyne Chefs or Felyne Comrades. Felyne Chefs cook food for their hunters to support them in their adventures by temporarily bestowing them with beneficial status effects, while Felyne Comrades assist their hunters on quests by using various skills and attacks. They also supply an additional reward at the end of a quest.
- Felynes have made cameo appearances in other unrelated games.
- Felyne, along with Trenya, Tigrex, Rathalos and Velociprey have made cameo appearances in Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker.
- Felyne also have a very small cameo appearance in Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds and Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Felyne appears as one of the items dropped by one of the characters in the game, Hsien-Ko.
- It can be seen here at 0:09-0:11
- In Super Mario Maker, there is a Felyne-costume for Mario. It's unlocked by clearing the Ma Rio Hills Event Course. Pressing up on the D-Pad turns it into a MHDiary-styled version of itself
- In the Animal Crossing series, there is a Lazy Cat villager based on a Felyne appears.
- In Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer, he was available through a SpotPass event. He also came with several pieces of furniture based on the Monster Hunter series.
- In the amiibo update for Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Felyne appeared again as an RV villager, available through the amiibo of Lute, Sophie, Navirou, Cheval, Dan, or Avinia. In addition to the Monster Hunter furniture in Happy Home Designer, he comes with a mask and a figurine based on Navirou.
- Felynes will attack the hunter if a Melynx is attacked. All the Felynes in the area will join the attack.
- If hit by a Felvine Bomb, Felynes will sit on the ground with pink stricks on its face and pink bubbles will appear over its head.
Monster Hunter 3
- Felyne will follow and 'dance' to your character if you have your torch out.
- Felynes will occasionally sit down. They do this more often in the Area 4 base on the Deserted Island.
Monster Hunter Stories
- In the monsterpedia, the Felynes that can be fought are called "Barrel Felyne" (Japanese: タルアイルー), the high rank ones with "Great Barrel Felyne" due to the fact that they are trapped inside a barrel.