Gammoth resembles a real-life Woolly mammoth. It is by far the largest Fanged Beast known to date. The fur covering its huge body is mostly bluish, although it's also white and red on its trunk, legs, back and underside. It has brown plating covering most of its head and feet, as well as two tusks seemingly made of the same material. This plating is said to be extremely resistant to damage. The underside of its trunk seems to be covered in a scaly hide, and is lined with numerous spikes. Its eyes are small and on the sides of the head. Interestingly, Gammoth is sometimes seen with its legs encased in snow clumps.
Gammoth is able to breathe snow from its trunk, encasing enemies in it. This snow can also be applied to its legs, encasing them in an icy armor. It can also use its trunk to create a large vortex, sucking hunters in from a distance so it can trample them more easily. However, Gammoth mainly uses its brute strength and sheer size to deal with threats.
Gammoth are hostile to just about anything. They are particularly hostile towards Tigrex, however. This is said to be because Tigrex is the natural predator of young Gammoths, and as Gammoth grows older its fear of Tigrex is replaced by rage and aggression.
Gammoth's Japanese name, Gamuto, is a combination of Ganesha (ガネーシャ) and mammoth.
Other Non-Subspecies Forms
Main Article: Elderfrost Gammoth
|MHGen: Gammoth Theme|
MHGen Breakable Parts
|Right Front Leg (x1)|
|Left Front Leg (x1)|
|Right Hind Leg (x1)|
|Left Hind Leg (x1)|
- When Gammoth blows snow from its trunk, it can encase its legs with it to strengthen its trampling attacks. Dealing enough damage will destroy the snow and make the monster drop a shiny.
- Breaking the legs will keep it from encasing them in snow.
- Gammoth has a pin attack where it grabs a hunter and with its trunk and slams them against the ground.
- Gammoth's trunk, front and back legs can be wounded, and the head/tusks can be wounded twice.
- Gammoth can be carved four times.
- To recover Stamina, Gammoth will dig out a large fruit or seed in Area 7 of the Arctic Ridge.
- Gammoth's roar requires Earplugs to block.
- Gammoth's legs are designed after a tortoise's legs while its tail is designed after a raccoon's tail.
- Gammoth's weapons were meant to give a feeling of both power and traditions.
- In-game, the Gammoth encountered are always female. 
- When caught in a Pitfall Trap, only Gammoth's hind legs will fall in.
- Gammoth causes a tremor as it dies.
- G-Rank Gammoth has a new attack where it rears up and then crashes down on its rear.
Monster Hunter Generations
- Gammoth can be affected by the Hyper State.
- Hyper Ice Block and Hyper Fang+ can be obtained from Hyper Gammoth quests.
- There is an Event Quest where players can fight an abnormally small Gammoth, as well as another where players must fight a Hyper Gammoth without any armor or talismans as part of a crossover quest with the Baki the Grappler franchise.