Gogmazios is a massive Elder Dragon with a body structure similar in nature to that of Gore Magala and Shagaru Magala, albeit with proportionally-larger wingarms. It has a large, heavy head with red eyes and rows of sharp teeth. When its chest and throat begin to heat, a glowing pattern, reminiscent of a scowl, is present beneath its chin, giving it the semblance of a second face. Its wingarms feature membranes that almost completely retract when not in use, and its body is covered in thick, powerful scales, carapaces, and spines of an indigo colouration. Perhaps the most notable features of Gogmazios's body are the ever-present covering of a sticky, tar-like substance which it uses to incapacitate prey, and the presence of an ancient dragonator lodged in its back.
Despite its enormous size, Gogmazios is fully capable of flight thanks to its incredibly powerful wings and presumably light skeleton. It is capable of firing a laser-like beam of superheated oil at attackers, and can use its immense size and weight to batter opponents into submission.
Similar to Teostra, Gogmazios has a highly unusual diet of sulfur and gunpowder. It eats this substance in vast quantities and is known to raid armories and warehouses, such as the ones within Dundorma, in order to feed on it in bulk. It is highly aggressive and will attempt to destroy anything that threatens it or attempts to stand in its way.
The natural habitat from whence Gogmazios originated is completely unknown, however it is theorized by the Guild that it may have come from the Swamp or the Old Swamp. Its vast territory and aggressive nature often result in it attempting to attack Dundorma's Battlequarters.
MH4U: Gogmazios Music Theme Part 1
MH4U: Gogmazios Music Theme Part 2
MH4U Breakable Parts
|Right Wingclaw (x1)|
|Left Wingclaw (x1)|
- Hunters can mount Gogmazios on either its back or chest depending on its current posture.
- If the monster is on all fours when the mount activates, the back will be mounted. If it is rearing up, the chest will be mounted.
- Its horn, wing claws, chest and back can be broken. Its tail can be broken and then severed.
- Its back can be broken twice. Once it has been wounded twice, the Dragonator on its back will fall off, allowing hunters to use it against Gogmazios.
- It won't be able to inflict Fireblight with its tail swipes once severed.
- Gogmazios' roar requires HG Earplugs to block.
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
- However, if Gogmazios is flinched just before it roars while entering the second phase, it will cancel the phase transition and Gogmazios will remain in the first phase for the remainder of the fight.
- Nintendo Dream Magazine (Issue and page needed)
|▷ Monsters appearing in Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (edit)|
|Herbivore||Apceros Aptonoth Kelbi Popo Rhenoplos Slagtoth|
Tetsucabra Berserk Tetsucabra Zamtrios Tigerstripe Zamtrios
|Fanged Beast|| Conga|
Congalala Emerald Congalala Kecha Wacha Ash Kecha Wacha Lagombi Rajang Furious Rajang
Daimyo Hermitaur Plum Daimyo Hermitaur
|Neopteron|| Altaroth Bnahabra Konchu|
Seltas Desert Seltas Seltas Queen Desert Seltas Queen
|Temnoceran||Nerscylla Shrouded Nerscylla|
|Bird Wyvern|| Gargwa Genprey Ioprey Jaggi Jaggia Velociprey|
Gendrome Great Jaggi Gypceros Purple Gypceros Iodrome Velocidrome Yian Garuga Yian Kut-Ku Blue Yian Kut-Ku
|Brute Wyvern||Brachydios Raging Brachydios Deviljho Savage Deviljho|
|Fanged Wyvern||Zinogre Stygian Zinogre|
|Piscine Wyvern|| Delex Cephalos|
|Snake Wyvern|| Remobra|
Najarala Tidal Najarala
|Flying Wyvern||Akantor Basarios Ruby Basarios Diablos Black Diablos Gravios Black Gravios Khezu Red Khezu Monoblos White Monoblos Rathalos Azure Rathalos Silver Rathalos Rathian Pink Rathian Gold Rathian Seregios Tigrex Brute Tigrex Molten Tigrex Ukanlos|
|Elder Dragon||Chameleos Dalamadur Shah Dalamadur Dah'ren Mohran Fatalis Crimson Fatalis White Fatalis Gogmazios Kirin Oroshi Kirin Kushala Daora Rusted Kushala Daora Shagaru Magala Teostra|
|???||Gore Magala Chaotic Gore Magala|