|Some of the names in this Article use an unofficial English translation of its official Japanese Name.|
The name is obtained either by using Japanese translating programs or through previous existing English equivalent terms in the game. The names will be used as quick references around other articles in the Monster Hunter Wiki until Capcom reveals the official English names for them.
Gogoma are large primate-esque Fanged Beasts covered mostly in brown fur with dark brown and cream stripes, with cream patches in certain areas. They have blue faces with two small beige streaks running from the top of the eyes to two small dark blue horns. They also have long tails ending in a wider flat tip and large brown paws which have round openings in them right below the huge curved claws.
Often seen alongside them riding their backs is the young of the species known as Kokomoa which aside from their overall smaller bodies and juvinile appearances don't really appear any different physically from adults.
Gogomoa's most unique trait is its ability to produce a thick sticky elastic substance reminiscent of a spiders silk from special organs located within their arms which they release through the pore-like holes on their palms. They use this substance to restrain opponents, grab and throw objects such as poisonous and sedative plants that grow in the trees of their habitat, or for moving around quickly and even hanging around high up to sleep safe from harm.
Gogomoa are relatively peaceful and solitary creatures mostly spending their days swinging around and eating. Those with Kokomoa however are a different story, especially females. They are fiercely protective of their young and in the case of females will attack anything that gets near them or the Kokomoa with them. If said Kokomoa's get hurt by anything it will make any Gogomoa go berserk and become way more dangerous than normal.
Gogoma have only been found living amongst the trees on the Tide Island.
Other Non-Subspecies Forms
Hard Core (HC) Gogomoa
HC Gogomoa is first able to be hunted at SR5.
HC Gogomoa has surprisingly large arms and claws with orange tips, yellow fur and eyes, and longer horns, possibly meaning all HC Gogomoa are male. The young Kokomoa also has yellow fur and eyes like its parent.
A new attack for the Gogomoa is an aerial one, where it jumps into the air to grab a large coconut, in order to throw it against a tree causing its shell to shatter and fly about. These can inflict both Poison and Sleep. Gogomoa may also shoot a web strand forward, then use it to swing in a circle around the area. In addition to rolling backwards, Gogomoa is now also capable of rolling sideways, and is able to shoot multiple webs at treetops to pull down a plethora of branches, crashing them down on anyone standing below it covering a wide area.
At SR100 HC Gou Gogomoa has a considerable movement speed increase for all of its attacks.
|MHFO: Gogomoa Music Theme (Tide Island Theme)|
- Occasionally, Gogomoa's child, Kokomoa will fall off its parents back. If the child is heavily damaged, Gogomoa will rage with a noticeable red aura. During this Angry Phase, its attack speed is doubled. Its susceptibility to damage also skyrockets, allowing much faster kills.
- The baby Gogomoa, known as Kokomoa is not slain, however, but instead flees by digging underground. When Gogomoa leaves to another area the baby will join it again.
- The way to get Kokomoa to fall off its parent varies between rank of the monster and if is HC or normal.
- Both of its hands can have their claws broken, and the horns on its face can also be broken.
- Hunters can "cut" the web whenever it tries to perform the websling quick dash. If successfully cut, Gogomoa will trip, leaving an opening for an attack.
- While swinging across the trees, it will gain KO vulnerability on its tail, meaning you can KO it by hitting the tail while it is in mid-air.
- Hitting Gogomoa while it uses any of its web-based attacks will, if timed correctly, will create a big orange-reddish flash and stagger it once the attack is over. Or it smashes the Gogomoa out of the air and takes effect a second after landing on the ground. This causes heavy damage.