|“||A Fanged Beast roaming snowy plains in search of prey. Its body is covered in fur so thick it keeps out the harsh frost. It can inhale the cold air to freeze its own bodily fluids and then spit them out to create icy blades on its arms. When riled up, it turns red and becomes exceedingly dangerous.||„|
Goss Harag is a large Fanged Beast with both bear and Namahage-like features. The majority of its body is covered in a coat of shaggy white and brown fur, whilst its face and legs are covered in thick, somewhat scaly armor, this armor is normally a pale blue but may turn red if Goss Harag is riled up. Its head features two small eyes that burn a bright yellow colour, have tiny horizontal pupils, and leave faint yellow trails in the air as the beast moves (similar to monsters like Nargacuga). It also has a pair of small round ears, and a snout that protrudes upwards and has a vaguely leaf-like shape (similar to certain species of bats), and on top of its head are four short, blunted. ice-like horns. On its forelegs and hindlegs are several black, keratinous scutes, the feet each have five digits, but their appearance heavily varies between the fore and hindlegs. The hindleg feet of Goss Harag resemble those of bears, having short toes with small downwards-curving claws tipping each, whereas the forelegs have much longer and less rigid digits, each tipped with a much longer claw than those seen on the hindlegs. Goss Harag is capable of both quadrupedal and bipedal movement, when doing the former the beast moves with its foreleg digits curled in, walking on its knuckles.
Behaviour and Abilities
Goss Harag is capable of inhaling cold air from its surroundings in order to freeze its own bodily fluids. It will then spit this freezing liquid onto its arms to create blades of ice which it wields to deadly effect in battle. It can also exerting force after planting the blade into the ground, shatter it from its arm and sending it flying toward hunters. It is also capable of expelling these fluids from its maw at foes in an icy blast. Goss Harag is a strong monster, capable of creating shockwaves through the frozen earth by smashing its fists on the ground. It can also leap into the air a considerable distance while also turning to face hunters midair.
|Hitzone Damage Data|
|Hitzone||Cutting Damage||Impact Damage||Shot Damage|
|Breakable Parts:||Head, Forelegs (Individually)|
|Element Weakness Damage Data|
|“||In hitting the accumulated frost on its forelegs, a hunter risks being afflicted with iceblight, but is rewarded by the creature being toppled when frost is shattered. Areas that appear red when the creature is angry are the most susceptible, so focus your efforts there!||„|
|- MHRise's Hunter's Note|
- Goss Harag's name is a romanization of its Japanese name, Goshahagi (ゴシャハギ), which derives from goshagu (ごしゃぐ), a dialect verb from northern Japan meaning to go angry, as well as namomihagi (なもみはぎ), a dialect verb from Akita meaning to peel blisters.
- Goss Harag is based off of the Namahage yokai from Japanese folklore.
- Goss Harag was originally teased by Ichinose on the official Monster Hunter Twitter.
- When a hunter is stunned, Goss Harag will perform a special animation where it slowly approaches the stunned hunter before slamming down on them with its ice sword.
- For Goss Harag the team referenced namahage, a beast that appears at a traditional festival in certain areas of Akita Prefecture in Japan. At this event, men dressed as demon-like beings in straw capes with either red or blue ogre masks and (fake) knives go door-to-door to frighten children that have misbehaved.
|▷ Monsters appearing in Monster Hunter Rise (edit)|
|Herbivore||Anteka Kelbi Kestodon Popo Rhenoplos Slagtoth|
|Fanged Beast|| Bombadgy Bullfango|
Arzuros Apex Arzuros Bishaten Goss Harag Lagombi Rajang Volvidon
|Bird Wyvern|| Baggi Gargwa Izuchi Jaggi Jaggia Wroggi|
Aknosom Great Baggi Great Izuchi Great Wroggi Kulu-Ya-Ku Pukei-Pukei
|Brute Wyvern||Anjanath Barroth|
|Fanged Wyvern|| Jagras|
Magnamalo Tobi-Kadachi Zinogre Apex Zinogre
Almudron Mizutsune Apex Mizutsune Royal Ludroth Somnacanth
|Piscine Wyvern|| Delex|
|Flying Wyvern||Barioth Basarios Bazelgeuse Diablos Apex Diablos Khezu Nargacuga Rathalos Apex Rathalos Rathian Apex Rathian Tigrex|
|Elder Dragon||Chameleos Crimson Glow Valstrax Kushala Daora Teostra Thunder Serpent Narwa Narwa the Allmother Wind Serpent Ibushi|