Great Jagras is a Fanged Wyvern first introduced in Monster Hunter: World. This monster is the pack leader of the Jagras. When hungry, Great Jagras is known to attack monsters even stronger than itself. It balloons to unbelievable proportions after swallowing prey. It can be seen inhabiting the Ancient Forest. Its materials can be used to craft the Jagras Armor Set.
Great Jagras greatly resembles an Iguana. It has yellow scales with orange accents and a bluish underside. It also has a distinct mane of hairs that resemble dreadlocks. The monster has incredible stomach capacity and often swallows prey whole, greatly distending its belly. It will spit out whatever it has eaten if it takes too much damage while its stomach is bloated. The Great Jagras is known to leave slide trails on the ground.. The head, front limbs and belly of the monster can be wounded.
Behavior and Abilities
Great Jagras is able to swallow large prey whole in one gulp, allowing it to use its immense weight to fight off any potential threats. On very rare occasions, it will also vomit at the hunter if its stomach is bloated, which is similar to the Great Girros' Paralyzing Spit. Its attacks can greatly vary in battle, depending on whether it has eaten anything or not. If the monster has a full belly, it'll try to use its own weight to crush hunters.
In the Ancient Forest, Great Jagras is low in the food chain, outclassed by both Anjanath and Rathalos in that location.. Great Jagras are passive toward hunters until attacked. They won't attack hunters unless they are struck in combat, although it will attack an Anjanath on sight. Great Jagras is known to feed on Aptonoth and Kestodon, and is known to regurgitate food in order to feed their pack. Deviljho will sometimes pick up and use Great Jagras as a living weapon, flailing it around and damaging it in the process.
On January 26th 2019 during Monster Hunter World's 1st anniversary and the starting date of Appreciation Festival Event, an Event Quest was added which introduced the eponymous target: Greatest Jagras, which is a Great Jagras with several key differences:
- It is much bigger than an average specimen, around the size of the third Great Jagras in the first USJ event quest.
- It has increased movement speed and much greater damage output and health pool.
- Greatest Jagras' roars count as 'proper' roars and requires a certain level of earplug to block.
- It has moves not seen on regular specimen, like the downward earth-shaking punch.
- When inflated, much of its full body attack Inflicts Quake.
- This specimen is immune to Deviljho's grab attack; Deviljho will in fact flee almost immediately if finding itself in the same area as the Greatest Jagras.
- When fighting Greatest Jagras, the main battle theme of Ancient Forest plays instead of the minor battle theme. The music does not change in the pressence of aggravated Deviljho.
- It has slightly more health than Xeno'jiiva.
- It has a new move where it spits meat from its mouth.
- Its meat-spitting attacks cause a shiny to appear where they land. These give out Feystones of varying quality, up to Warped. Additionally, attacking it while toppled and inflated drops more of these shinies.
|Great Jagras Damage Effectiveness|
| Great Jagras Scale|
|4||260z||Great Jagras material. Mostly obtained by carving. Broadly used for many purposes.|
| Great Jagras Scale+|
|6||860z||Rare Great Jagras material. Mostly obtained by carving. Broadly used for many purposes.|
| Great Jagras Shard|
|9||1320z||Very rare Great Jagras material. Mostly obtained by carving. Broadly used for many purposes.|
| Great Jagras Hide|
|4||360z||Great Jagras material. Mostly obtained as a reward. Broadly used for many purposes.|
| Great Jagras Hide+|
|6||1220z||Rare Great Jagras material. Mostly obtained as a reward. Supple, used to craft gear.|
| Great Jagras Thickhide|
|9||1840z||Very rare Great Jagras material. Mostly obtained as a reward. Supple, used to craft gear.|
| Great Jagras Mane|
|4||440z||Great Jagras material. Obtained by breaking its head. Used for many purposes.|
| Great Jagras Mane+|
|9||2480z||Very rare Great Jagras material. Obtained by breaking its head. Used for many purposes.|
| Great Jagras Claw|
|4||420z||Great Jagras material. Obtained by breaking its forelegs. Sharp, used in many weapons.|
| Great Jagras Claw+|
|6||1620z||Rare Great Jagras material. Obtained by breaking its forelegs. Sharp, used in many weapons.|
| Great Jagras Hardclaw|
|9||2440z||Very rare Great Jagras material. Obtained by breaking its forelegs. Sharp, used in many weapons.|
- For more information, see Jagras and Great Jagras Equipment
The following is a complete weapon list for Great Jagras weapons:
|Great Sword:||Sword & Shield:||Gunlance:|
|Switch Axe:||Charge Blade:||Light Bowgun:|