Great Jagras greatly resembles an Iguana. It has yellow scales with orange accents and a bluish underside. It also has a distinct mane of hairs that resemble dreadlocks. The monster has incredible stomach capacity and often swallows prey whole, greatly distending its belly. It will spit out whatever it has eaten if it takes too much damage while its stomach is bloated. The Great Jagras is known to leave slide trails on the ground.. The head, front limbs and belly of the monster can be wounded.
Behavior and Abilities
Great Jagras is able to swallow large prey whole in one gulp, allowing it to use its immense weight to fight off any potential threats. On very rare occasions, it will also vomit at the hunter if its stomach is bloated, which is similar to the Great Girros' Paralyzing Spit. Its attacks can greatly vary in battle, depending on whether it has eaten anything or not. If the monster has a full belly, it'll try to use its own weight to crush hunters.
In the Ancient Forest, Great Jagras is low in the food chain, outclassed by both Anjanath and Rathalos in that location.. Great Jagras are passive toward hunters until attacked. They won't attack hunters unless they are struck in combat, although it will attack an Anjanath on sight. Great Jagras is known to feed on Aptonoth and Kestodon, and is known to regurgitate food in order to feed their pack. Deviljho will sometimes pick up and use Great Jagras as a living weapon, flailing it around and damaging it in the process.
The Greatest Jagras
On January 26th 2019 during Monster Hunter World's 1st anniversary and the starting date of Appreciation Festival Event, an Event Quest was added which introduced the eponymous target: Greatest Jagras, which is a Great Jagras with several key differences:
- It is much bigger than an average specimen, around the size of the third Great Jagras in the first USJ event quest.
- It has increased movement speed and much greater damage output and health pool.
- Greatest Jagras' roars is loud and requires a certain level of earplug to block.
- It has moves not seen on regular specimen, like the downward earth-shaking punch.
- When inflated, much of its full body attacks cause a tremor.
- Deviljho present in the quest will not try to grab the Greatest Jagras, and in fact, flee almost immediately if it finding itself in the same area as the Greatest Jagras.
- When fighting Greatest Jagras, the main battle theme of Ancient Forest plays instead of the minor battle theme. The music does not change in the pressence of aggravated Deviljho.
- It has slightly more health than Xeno'jiiva.
- It has a new move where it spits meat from its mouth.
- Its meat-spitting attacks cause a shiny to appear where they land. These give out Feystones of varying quality, up to Warped. Additionally, attacking it while toppled and inflated drops more of these shinies.
|Hitzone Damage Data|
|Hitzone||Cutting Damage||Impact Damage||Shot Damage|
|Breakable Parts:||Head, Forelegs, and Stomach|
|Notes: Value numbers in light blue are that of individuals in Master Rank|
|Element Weakness Damage Data|
|Abnormal Status Data|
|Poison||-5 / 10 seconds||500 damage / 25 seconds||-|
|Paralysis||-5 / 10 seconds||0 damage / 12 seconds||-|
|Sleep||-5 / 10 seconds||0 damage / 40 seconds||-|
|Blastblight||-||100 damage / 0 seconds||-|
|-5 / 10 seconds||150 drain / 0 seconds||-|
|Stun||-5 / 10 seconds||0 damage / 7 seconds||-|
|-||-||0 damage / 30→25→20→15→10 seconds||-|
|Dung||-||-||0 damage / 30 seconds||-|
|Pitfall Trap||-||-||12→8→4 seconds||-|
|Shock Trap||-||-||10→7→4 seconds||-|
|Ivy Trap||-||-||0 damage / 10 seconds||-|
|150 + 0||-5 / 5 seconds||-||-|
This section is about monster materials unique to Great Jagras in Monster Hunter: World and Monster Hunter World: Iceborne. For detailed lists, see Great Jagras Carves
|4||260z||Great Jagras material. Mostly obtained by carving. Broadly used for many purposes.|
|4||360z||Great Jagras material. Mostly obtained as a reward. Broadly used for many purposes.|
|4||440z||Great Jagras material. Obtained by breaking its head. Used for many purposes.|
|4||420z||Great Jagras material. Obtained by breaking its forelegs. Sharp, used in many weapons.|
|6||860z||Rare Great Jagras material. Mostly obtained by carving. Broadly used for many purposes.|
|6||1220z||Rare Great Jagras material. Mostly obtained as a reward. Supple, used to craft gear.|
|6||1620z||Rare Great Jagras material. Obtained by breaking its forelegs. Sharp, used in many weapons.|
|9||1320z||Very rare Great Jagras material. Mostly obtained by carving. Broadly used for many purposes.|
|9||1840z||Very rare Great Jagras material. Mostly obtained as a reward. Supple, used to craft gear.|
|9||2480z||Very rare Great Jagras material. Obtained by breaking its head. Used for many purposes.|
|9||2440z||Very rare Great Jagras material. Obtained by breaking its forelegs. Sharp, used in many weapons.|
This section is about Equipments made from Jagras and Great Jagras materials in Monster Hunter: World and Monster Hunter World: Iceborne. For more information, see Jagras and Great Jagras Equipment.
The following is a complete weapon list for Great Jagras weapons:
|Great Sword:||Sword & Shield:||Gunlance:|
|Switch Axe:||Charge Blade:||Light Bowgun:|