Grimalkyne are Lynians first introduced in Monster Hunter: World. Grimalkyne are organized across different tribes found in various areas. The Bugtrappers are found in the Ancient Forest, the Protectors are found in the Wildspire Waste, the Troupers are found in the Coral Highlands, and the Plunderers are found in the Rotten Vale.
Grimalkyne resembles bipedal lynxes. They have tufted ears, and come in a variety of colors depending on the tribe:
- The Bugtrappers are orange with brown stripes, paws, ears, tail tip, and paw symbol on their chest.
- The Protectors are black with white stripes, paws, ears, and tail tip, and a red paw symbol on their chest.
- The Troupers are green with white stripes, red paws, ears, and tail tip, and a dark green paw symbol on their chest.
- The Plunderers are grey with black stripes, orange paws, ears, tail tip, and paw symbol on their chest.
Grimalkyne are wary of strangers, but will readily help those who have proven themselves to their tribe. Once befriended, Grimalkyne will share their tools and assist in trapping monsters. They mark their territory with doodles and their dens are usually well hidden. Grimalkynes of tribes that have been befriended can appear in locales outside their domain. Grimalkynes' vine trap cannot ensnare Elder Dragons.
- ↑ Lynian Researcher dialogue