Area 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 are accessible by Monsters bound to any one Region, they will likely however move around the closest ones to the their spawning habitat. Because of this, monsters that otherwise could not meet in-game often clash in these areas. These areas mostly provide gathering points for combination and consumables.
While much of the Intersection Area looks like part of the Forest Region, Area 6 and 7 are the ones to provide unique gathering materials of the Region, and is off-limits for monsters that did not spawn in it. The Region is directly connected to Intersection 1 and 2.
Area 8 and 9 are part of the Wildspire Region, located in the furthest South-west of the Guiding Lands. The closest Intersections are area 2 and 3.
Area 10 and 11 of the Guiding Land's East are part of the Coral Region. It is linked to Intersection 4.
Covering Area 12 and 13 of the Guiding Lands lower East. This Region has Effluvium hazard similar to the middle levels of the Rotten Vale. It is connected to Intersection 3 and 5 via narrow and slanted path.
Only accessible after the the Special Assignment "Reveal Thyself, Destroyer" of the first major update. The Region covers Area 14 and 15 and is linked to intersection 5. Damaging heat is constantly generated in the region, as with the volcanic caverns of Elder's Recess.
- Great Girros
- Great Jagras
- Nightshade Paolumu
- Coral Pukei-Pukei
- Black Diablos
- Fulgur Anjanath
- Acidic Glavenus
- Gold Rathian
- Ebony Odogaron
- Azure Rathalos
- Silver Rathalos
- Savage Deviljho
- Seething Bazelgeuse
- Brute Tigrex
- Yian Garuga
- Scarred Yian Garuga
- The main areas of the Guiding Lands can be leveled up by hunting monsters and gathering from mining outcrops and bonepiles. This increases the quality of the monsters and items that appear. Tempered monsters appear at high levels.
- Making progress in one area will lower the level of other areas unless a monster belongs to multiple regions.
- Gathering special tracks, hunting monsters, and breaking parts eventually unlocks the ability to spawn a specific monster once the analysis progress gauge is filled.
- Large monsters in the Guiding Lands drop unique versions of their normal items that can be used to augment weapons and craft endgame gear.
- Items used to craft the Master Rank Zorah Magdaros set can be found in the Guiding Lands.
- A Zorah Magdaros skull can also be found in the Rotten region of the Guiding Lands.
- Just like the area itself, the theme for the Guiding Lands features parts of the Ancient Forest's, Wildspire Waste's, Coral Highland's, and Rotten Vale's themes.
- After the first Iceborne title update, the theme was extended to include parts of the Elder's Recess theme.
- An Elder's Recess-based area was added in the first Iceborne title update.