Gurenzeburu is a primarily blue and cream-colored monster. Though it sports a navy blue for most of the scales on its upper body it has a lighter baby blue coloration on its horn, the spikes on the end of its tail, a ridge of its back, and the index fingers of its wings. It also has some red on it, such as lines on its sides, most of the claws and talons, and some spines lining its tail.
Its large armored horn is its primary means of offense with attacks such as charges and slamming it into the ground, however, it can also attack with a water beam, water balls, a hip check, a turning bite, slamming its wings against the ground, taking to the air and trying to land on hunters and even by producing a paralyzing gas in a similar manner to a Gravios. It can also throw some of its metallic tail spikes as a projectile attack, which stuck to the ground and act sort of electrical landmines when there's a storm happening, with lightning conveniently striking them when a hunter gets too close.
Despite their title and reputation Gurenzeburu are quite peaceful under normal circumstances and are even known to protect groups of Erupe and Burukku in their area, preferring to feed on flora, insects, and ore, though if any of those resources become scarce they will eat some members from the groups of herbivores.
However, if anything threatens the wyverns, attacks their "herds", or if a storm happens (which is rather common in the Highland) they turn aggressive and will attack anything they deem a threat relentlessly.
The Highland, in which Gurenzeburu primarily lives is known for its rapidly changing weather the lightning storms can even damage Gurenzeburu should it be struck directly, which is quite likely to happen given the metal coating around their horn and the metallic tail spikes. They can also be spotted on rare occasions in the Forest and Hills.
Click on Expand to see contents.
- Monster Hunter Frontier Season 9.0 (Introduced)
- Monster Hunter Frontier Season 10
- Monster Hunter Frontier Forward.1
- Monster Hunter Frontier Forward.2
- Monster Hunter Frontier Forward.3
- Monster Hunter Frontier Forward.4
- Monster Hunter Frontier Forward.5
- Monster Hunter Frontier G
- Monster Hunter Frontier G2
- Monster Hunter Frontier G3
- Monster Hunter Frontier G Genuine
- Monster Hunter Frontier G5
- Monster Hunter Frontier G6
- Monster Hunter Frontier G7
- Monster Hunter Frontier G8
- Monster Hunter Frontier G9
- Monster Hunter Frontier G10
- Monster Hunter Frontier Z
- Monster Hunter Frontier Z Zenith
Other Non-Subspecies Forms
Hardcore (HC) Gurenzeburu
Hardcore Gurenzeburu appears to be older and more mature; its horn has become longer and sturdier, its spikes have grown longer, and its overall body color appears darker. It can be first hunted after reaching HR5, unlocking all HC Gurenzeburu from HR2-5.
HC Gurenzeburu has new attacks. The first one involves it smashing its horn into the ground, causing large AoE damage. The second new attack is a charge, which inflicts KO status and knocks Hunters over.
At HR5, HC Gurenzeburu can charge up its body, enhancing its attacks with water damage and increasing its attack speed.
- Gurenzeburu's head, back, wings, and chest can be broken and the tail can be severed.
- Gurenzeburu's tail can only be severed when near death.
- Gurenzeburu's roar requires HG Earplugs to block.
Monster Hunter Frontier
- These trap spikes have resulted in the death of many hunters leading to instant quest failures.
Monster Hunter Online