It is covered in a golden-yellow fur with some white streaks and tuffs along with grey underbellies, but the most notable aspect of its appearance is the numerous brown spikes all around its body of varying size, mostly along its back and all over its tail, which itself ends in a large spike, it also has brown feet with copper colored claws which somewhat resemble that of a Barioth's in shape. In its second phase toxic bubbles, paralytic sparks, and sedative gases will radiate from its back.
Hyujikiki are very agile and put the numerous spikes around its body to good use, throwing them out in mass and trying to directly impale hunters, prey, and predator alike with them through direct physical attacks like tail swipes, tackles, and trying to back slam onto them from above. Similarly to Barioth Hyujikiki has access to breath attacks that create twisters, though the twisters Hyujikiki makes work as little differently. The twisters linger for a little bit after their creation and if any of Hyujikiki's needle clusters hits them then the twisters will send said clusters flying away in random directions. When pushed to desperation when near death Hyujikiki will make use of its venom producing organ to add toxic, sedative, and paralytic venom to its needles which will be inflicted randomly with the needles thrown, in addition Hyujikiki will also use the storm to its advantage to make even more twisters using its tail during this phase, and make more effective use of its needles like launching clumps into the air to rain down on oppon from above.
Like most large monsters within the Highland Hyujikiki are incredibly aggressive creatures and should never be underestimated, as they will utilize all of their natural abilities with ferocious and lethal intent on anything in their way beit prey, predator or hunter.
Other Non-Subspecies Forms
Main Article: Zenith Hyujikiki
- Some of Hyujikiki's attacks and are reminiscent of Barioth's and Nargacuga's.
- The spikes on its neck, back and tail extend and gain red tips, along with its eyes turning red, and it huffing black smoke in its enraged state.
- Hyujikiki's horns, back and wing claws can be broken and Hyujikiki's tail tip can be severed.
- Like Gurenzeburu, the lightning storms in the Highland can damage Hyujikiki, should it be struck directly.
- Hyujikiki evolved its spikes to defend itself from attacks by Poborubarumu.
- Hyujikiki's roar requires HG Earplugs to block.
- Hyujikiki's design is based on a hedgehog.
- After Hyujikiki's spikes hit the ground they remain on the ground as damage causing obstacles. If someone stands on these spikes they will receive damage every second they stand on them. This can be troublesome for hunters who get paralyzed on top of the spikes as they will receive damage over time.
- During its near death rage unlike most other monsters its defense against raw attack is considerably increased. Though Hyujikiki is still extremely weak to Fire in this state.