Inagami is a large mammalian dragon, bearing a typical reptilian appearance but also bearing luxurious patches of fur. Its body is covered in scales that are a dark copper in color, as well as some orange fur patches on its chin, chest, back and tail. It has a narrow jaw with a large number of teeth. The claws are deep indigo in color and it also has a long tail with a tip that resembles a bamboo shoot.
Inagami has the ability to rapidly grow bamboo and use it as a weapon. It is also able to breath a sedative white substance from its mouth. When injured, it secretes a special substance to patch up wounds and uses it as a special defense while healing, it can also use this substance to construct objects, most notably a pair of wing like constructs made by gluing some of the bamboo around it together, which it uses to glide into hunters, breaking almost immediately during use.
Inagami is very aggressive towards attackers and will attack anything that disturbs its territory.
Inagami inhabits the Bamboo Forest.
Other Non-Subspecies Forms
Main Article: Zenith Inagami
|MHFG5: Inagami Music Theme|
- Inagami's roar requires HG Earplugs to block.
- Inagami's concept is actually supposed to be a "Predatory Kirin", according to an interview. 
- When flinched Inagami will coat its body in its healing substance depending on what body part the hunter hit to make it flinch.
- Inagami can do this on its head, front and back legs as well as its tail.
- If all of Inagami's body parts are coated with its healing substance, it will evaporate from Inagami's body, causing a massive explosion that inflicts the Sleep status, however from this Inagami will fall over and be left open to attack for a few seconds.
Monster Hunter Frontier
- HC Inagami's roar requires Super HG Earplugs to block.