It sports a briny white body, unlike the usual blue of Lagiacrus. In addition, the various knobs, spines and horns on its body are a deep blue, compared to the common Lagiacrus's brown and orange.
It has many enhanced and powerful thunder attacks that can cover a wider area than those of the common Lagiacrus.
Unlike the other two species of Lagiacrus, Ivory Lagiacrus prefers a terrestrial lifestyle and spends very little of its time in the water.
Click on Expand to see contents.
- Ivory Lagiacrus feeds on carcasses, Aptonoth, or Slagtoth to regain stamina.
- Ivory Lagiacrus is much better adapted to fighting on land than normal Lagiacrus and fight just as good underwater too.
- Ivory Lagiacrus' roar requires Earplugs to block.
- Cutting weapons will bounce off the head of the Ivory Lagiacrus.
- Ivory Lagiacrus, along with Azure Rathalos are the first subspecies to appear in the opening cinematic of a Monster Hunter game, and the only subspecies to be rendered using a CG engine.
- While being better adapted to fighting on land it is still possible to fight the Ivory Lagiacrus underwater.
- Ivory Lagiacrus has the ability to use its shell shockers without getting any power into them.
- The Moga Village Chief notes that the Ivory Lagiacrus is his arch-nemesis and was the very reason he stopped hunting.
- The Ivory Lagiacrus can now fire a more potent lightning ball that can create an AOE that can inflict heavy damage.
- This attack can be predetermined. If the Ivory Lagiacrus twists its head in a 180 degree angle, it will fire the potent lightning ball.
- When it hasn't spotted the hunter it may eat meat and drop a shiny.