Kecha Wacha is a lemur-like monster with long arms and hook-like fingers and claws. It has bright yellow fur and blue skin. It can fold its spiked ears over its face, forming a "mask" that is likely used to intimidate would-be attackers. It also sports a tube-like trunk and large, forward-facing eyes.
It is capable of attacking from a distance by shooting globs of mucus from its trunk-like nose which cause Waterblight. Kecha Wacha is able to glide using a membrane between its arms, legs, and tail, in a manner similar to a flying squirrel. This makes the Kecha Wacha the only Fanged Beast able to "fly".
Curious in nature Kecha Wacha will investigate anything in their environment that is new to them. As relatively peaceful monsters these creatures would rather flee than fight, yet if fleeing is not an option they can be surprisingly aggressive and will readily use their long, sharp, and hooked claws, trunk-like nose and mask-like ears to defend themselves.
Kecha Wacha's name originally comes from the name of a Balinese dance, "Kecak", as well as the Taiwanese word for whimsy. The localization department liked the name so much for its playful tone and roll-off-the-tongue simplicity that they decided to leave the original Japanese name untouched, save for an added space to make it easier to pronounce.
Click on Expand to see contents.
MH4U Breakable Parts
- When enraged, Kecha Wacha's large ears will fold and cover its face.
- In this state, Kecha Wacha becomes much more aggressive and faster than ever, although it seems it doesn't aim its attacks as accurately.
- Also while enraged, flash bombs and sonic bombs will not work on Kecha Wacha.
- Its ears can be broken along with its claws and tail.
- When low on stamina it will fail shooting its mucus globs.
- Before leaving an area, Kecha Wacha will spread its membrane and flap it two times fast and then fly.
- Kecha Wacha has two long, barbed fingers on each hand and a barbed tail that aid in moving among vines and trees in its habitat, as well in combat.
- Kecha Wacha can be affected by sonic bombs.
- If you throw a sonic bomb while Kecha Wacha is hanging on a tree, Kecha Wacha will fall down.
- When low on stamina, Kecha Wacha can fly to another area to recover it.
- It will also feed on Altaroth to recover stamina.
- Kecha Wacha's roar requires Earplugs to block.
- During the localization process, candidates for Kecha Wacha's English name included "Lespina" and "Lycapex", though these were never submitted for approval because the localization team decided that they liked the original name so much that they would just use it for the English version of the name as well.
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
- Kecha Wacha is the Urgent Quest to unlock 3 star quests.
- Kecha Wacha first appears in the 2 star urgent village quest first and also appears in HR1 Guild Quests.
- When near death, it will sleep upside down hanging on vines with its tail in Area 9 of the Ancestral Steppe.
- It can become infected by the Frenzy Virus.