Khezu are large, pale Wyverns with a flabby, rubbery hide which they constantly keep damp, similar to that of an amphibian. Many of their blood vessels and veins can be seen through their pale skin. Their tail features a specialized orifice which bonds to the ground during electrical attacks and helps them cling onto cave ceilings. Their mouth features rows of sharp teeth. Khezu feet lack claws, and instead have suction pad-like toes to assist them in climbing and hanging from cave walls and ceilings. Spending most of their lives in the dark, their eyes have regressed greatly, though they make up for this with a superb sense of smell. A layer of fat helps to keep them warm and prolong the time they can spend hunting for food. Khezu have an extendable neck which allows them to grasp and ambush prey from afar, such as from a cave ceiling. Khezu are hermaphrodites, which means an individual is both male and female. To reproduce they paralyze a creature and inject their young, known as Whelps. The Whelps grow inside their victim until it dies, or when they are strong enough to leave.
Although Khezu are cave dwellers, they go out when they please, or when food inside grows too scarce. While Khezu outside a cave are vulnerable to larger Wyverns like Tigrex, inside caves Khezu have the advantage. In addition to being unhampered by the dark, they can cling to the ceiling and attack from above.
A Khezu's habitat is often located near active sources of water; some sources claim this is because the water is excellent for conducting electricity into their prey, while others speculate that Khezu may need the dampness for their moist skin. Such areas include the Swamps and Frozen Seaway.
Other Non-Subspecies Forms
Hard Core (HC) Khezu
HC Khezu has a slew of new attacks; it can now fire multiple lightning balls across the ground that scatter widely, and is also capable of firing these same lightning balls upon landing. It occasionally covers itself in electricity after performing an electrical ball attack as well. Lastly, it also has a much shorter but stronger roar that paralyzes hunters without earplugs for a longer time.
HC Khezu appears to have a brownish coloration on certain parts of its body and large, visible blue veins. It also has new attacks and behaviors. It can create an onslaught of electricity that can fatally paralyze any hunter caught in it while generating short bursts of electricity on its body at the same time. Additionally, hunters have observed that it will perform a new screaming behavior where it rises up tall and screams briefly to stun hunters, while quickly following up with a shock wave. This deadly combination of attacks leaves no escape for the unprepared.
One of its most confusing attacks may be when it hovers with a thunder ball in its mouth around a targeted hunter then releases it with pinpoint accuracy upon landing with an electric barrier active at the same time.
Main Article: Zenith Khezu
Click on Expand to see contents.
- Monster Hunter (Introduced)
- Monster Hunter G
- Monster Hunter Freedom
- Monster Hunter 2
- Monster Hunter Freedom 2
- Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
- Monster Hunter 4
- Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
- Monster Hunter Generations
- Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate
- Monster Hunter Frontier
- Monster Hunter Frontier Season 2.0
- Monster Hunter Frontier Season 3.0
- Monster Hunter Frontier Season 4.0
- Monster Hunter Frontier Season 5.0
- Monster Hunter Frontier Season 6.0
- Monster Hunter Frontier Season 7.0
- Monster Hunter Frontier Season 8.0
- Monster Hunter Frontier Season 9.0
- Monster Hunter Frontier Season 10
- Monster Hunter Frontier Forward.1
- Monster Hunter Frontier Forward.2
- Monster Hunter Frontier Forward.3
- Monster Hunter Frontier Forward.4
- Monster Hunter Frontier Forward.5
- Monster Hunter Frontier G
- Monster Hunter Frontier G2
- Monster Hunter Frontier G3
- Monster Hunter Frontier G Genuine
- Monster Hunter Frontier G5
- Monster Hunter Frontier G6
- Monster Hunter Frontier G7
- Monster Hunter Frontier G8
- Monster Hunter Frontier G9
- Monster Hunter Frontier G10
- Monster Hunter Frontier Z
- Monster Hunter Frontier Z Zenith
MH4U Breakable Parts
- A Khezu's tail has a suction cup-like hole with six protrusions lining its rim. They use it to attach themselves to cave ceilings, and to ground themselves when performing an electrical attack.
- As shown in the Ecology video, the flabby hide of a Khezu is covered in a thin, wet liquid-like membrane. Its purpose is unknown.
- The saliva of a Khezu has strong acidic properties that can melt the floor of caves and Stun hunters.
- Khezu's roar requires HG Earplugs to block.
- Khezu are one of the few (if not the only) Wyverns in the Monster Hunter world that do not activate the "Yellow Eye" status on the hunter. This could be considered a disadvantage due to the fact that it does not allow a hunter to do a panic dive to avoid attacks. No background music plays, even for sidekick monsters, e.g. Giadrome.
- In the Khezu Ecology cinematic, it is seen preying on a Kelbi.
- Khezu is highly tolerant against Paralysis; it is only stunned for 5 seconds. As such, Pitfall Traps are better than Shock Traps.
Monster Hunter Freedom
- The Village four star quest called "Fang of the Iodrome!" a Khezu appears in it. If you fight it, it has an interesting glitch, unlike any other Khezu on MHF1 this is the only one to have background music playing for it.
Monster Hunter Freedom 2
- The Khezu gained the ability to leap out at the hunter while generating its signature electrical field.
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
- It gained a thunder bite, and an improved thunder blast where it shoots out more thunder balls than the normal move; this is highly predictable because a bolt of electricity runs across Khezu's mouth when charging the attack.
- There are Quests that require the hunter to slay or capture tiny Khezus. These Khezus are perhaps Khezu Whelps who are strong enough to leave the carcass in which they were born. The tiny Khezus have a high pitched voice, due to their minuscule size. Their roars are notably shorter, and leaves the hunter incapacitated a bit longer.
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
- When enraged its veins will begin to throb.
- When low on stamina it will fail to shoot its lightning balls, produce its lightning shield, and recover from attacks.
- Its face and its body can be broken and scarred.
- It can be infected by the Frenzy Virus.
- In G-Rank, when it releases a lightning shield, it can do a second one that covers a much wider range in a web-like pattern.
- Unlike in previous games, Khezu now applies the "Spotted" status to the hunter, allowing the hunter to perform a panic dive.
Monster Hunter Frontier
- Khezu whelps are pickled and used as cooking ingredients.
- Khezu can be a pet.
- HC Khezu's roar requires Super HG Earplugs to block.
Monster Hunter Online
- This monster is unlocked at Level 25.
- Khezu's torso can be broken.