Lao-Shan grows as its body receives floating particles from the atmosphere. The red tint comes from the iron deposits near their environment; the blue tint comes from ash particles from the Volcanic Belt. This process takes an untold amount of time, suggesting that Lao-Shan Lungs have extremely long life-spans.
Lao-Shan Lung are extremely docile even when facing multiple foes. They appear to care little about hunters, as they mainly ignore them on their way to the town fortress. That said, they will put in a great deal of effort to break the fort rather than simply run away.
Lao-Shan Lung can survive in many environments, but prefers mountainous or volcanic areas for their high mineral content.
|MHF2: Lao-Shan Music Theme|
- The name Lao-Shan Lung is derived from the Chinese word "老山龙", or "Old (Lao) Mountain (Shan) Dragon (Lung)", or, though not properly, the word "Lao" in Chinese can also mean "Great".
- Lao Rubies can only be obtained via Ashen Lao-Shan Lung.
- The Guild had to find hunters one day because of the approaching dragon heading for their town. It was later found out that the Lao-Shan Lung was running away from a Fatalis.
- Lao-Shan Lung cannot be killed outside of Area 5. No matter how much damage is done, time will run out with the monster repelled instead of it dying.
- The only exception to this is Frontier's Goushu version of Lao-Shan Lung, where it can be killed in any Area it is in.
- Lao-Shan Lung's roar requires HG Earplugs to block.
- The Lao-Shan Lung can be fought in the Guild after beating every 3* and 4* Quest (4* Quest: A Giant Dragon Invades!)
- If timed correctly, the Dragonator can hit Lao-Shan twice causing double damage, but chances of this happening are very slim.
- Use the Dragonator just as Lao-Shan Slams into the fort to use the double hit.
- If beaten long enough and not yet slain, Lao-Shan will flee at 00:00 (Time up, happens often on other large monsters).
- It's to be noted that the damage for the Lao-Shan Lung is not carried over from one fight to another so you have to kill it in one go.
- It should be noted that if extensive damage is dealt to the Lao-Shan it will collapse for a few seconds before continuing onward to Area 5.
- Lao can no longer be fought because it was online only, and the server shut down.
- Mentioned from the Female NPC with a basket on her head, that the Kokoto Village Chief slayed a Lao-Shan Lung all by himself.
- The Wyverian outside the training hall explains that Lao's horn would determine the monster's age.
- The Village Elder gives a Lao-Shan Lung 6* Quest.
- HR100 Lao-Shan Lung gains deadly strength and speed. It can also be killed in any location.