Lao-Shan Lung are essentially hulking Elder Dragons with copper red bodies and cream colored underbellies. They have numerous dark grey spikes on their necks, backs, and tails. They have comparatively small limbs with dark grey hands and feet and long tails. On their heads they have eight large horns that curve backwards and a smaller horn on the front that points upwards and curves back slightly. Their mouths have small teeth with several larger teeth on the outside of their mouths.
It lacks any sort of elemental or special abilities and instead relies solely on its immense physical bulk and strength, being strong enough to smash through huge forts with enough effort and barrel straight through villages and towns without a second thought. Despite never weaponizing it, they do have some dragon energy stored in their bodies (Hence why Lao Shan Lung weapons are often dragon-elemental).
Lao-Shan Lung are extremely docile even when facing multiple foes. They appear to care little about Hunters, as they mainly ignore them on their way to the town Fortress. That said, they will put in a great deal of effort to break the fort rather than simply run away.
Lao-Shan Lung can survive in many environments, but prefers mountainous or volcanic areas for their high mineral counts.
Click on Expand to see contents.
- Monster Hunter (Introduced)
- Monster Hunter G
- Monster Hunter Freedom
- Monster Hunter 2
- Monster Hunter Freedom 2
- Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
- Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate
- Monster Hunter Frontier
- Monster Hunter Frontier Season 2.0
- Monster Hunter Frontier Season 3.0
- Monster Hunter Frontier Season 4.0
- Monster Hunter Frontier Season 5.0
- Monster Hunter Frontier Season 6.0
- Monster Hunter Frontier Season 7.0
- Monster Hunter Frontier Season 8.0
- Monster Hunter Frontier Season 9.0
- Monster Hunter Frontier Season 10
- Monster Hunter Frontier Forward.1
- Monster Hunter Frontier Forward.2
- Monster Hunter Frontier Forward.3
- Monster Hunter Frontier Forward.4
- Monster Hunter Frontier Forward.5
- Monster Hunter Frontier G
- Monster Hunter Frontier G2
- Monster Hunter Frontier G3
- Monster Hunter Frontier G Genuine
- Monster Hunter Frontier G5
- Monster Hunter Frontier G6
- Monster Hunter Frontier G7
- Monster Hunter Frontier G8
- Monster Hunter Frontier G9
- Monster Hunter Frontier G10
- Monster Hunter Frontier Z
- Monster Hunter Frontier Z Zenith
- The name Lao-Shan Lung is derived from the Chinese word "老山龙", or "Old (Lao) Mountain (Shan) Dragon (Lung)", or, though not properly, the word "Lao" in Chinese can also mean "Great" or "Elder".
- Lao Rubies can only be obtained via Ashen Lao-Shan Lung.
- The Guild had to find hunters one day because of the approaching dragon heading for their town. It was later found out that the Lao-Shan Lung was running away from a Fatalis.
- Lao-Shan Lung cannot be killed outside of Area 5. No matter how much damage is done, time will run out with the monster repelled instead of it dying.
- The only exception to this is Frontier's Goushu version of Lao-Shan Lung, where it can be killed in any Area it is in.
- Lao-Shan Lung's roar requires HG Earplugs to block.
- The Lao-Shan Lung can be fought in the Guild after beating every 3* and 4* Quest (4* Quest: A Giant Dragon Invades!)
- If timed correctly, the Dragonator can hit Lao-Shan twice causing double damage, but chances of this happening are very slim.
- Use the Dragonator just as Lao-Shan Slams into the fort to use the double hit.
- If beaten long enough and not yet slain, Lao-Shan will flee at 00:00 (Time up, happens often on other large monsters).
- It's to be noted that the damage for the Lao-Shan Lung is not carried over from one fight to another so you have to kill it in one go.
- It should be noted that if extensive damage is dealt to the Lao-Shan it will collapse for a few seconds before continuing onward to Area 5.
- Lao-Shan Lung is one of many monsters to have its theme remixed at the Monster Hunter 5th Anniversary Orchestra Concert.
- Its been comfirmed that Lao-Shan Lung is related to Zorah Magdaros
Monster Hunter 1
- Lao can no longer be fought because it was online only, and the server shut down.
- Mentioned from the Female NPC with a basket on her head, that the Kokoto Village Chief slayed a Lao-Shan Lung all by himself.
Monster Hunter Freedom 2
- The Wyverian outside the training hall explains that Lao's horn would determine the monster's age.
- The Village Elder gives a Lao-Shan Lung 6* Quest.
Monster Hunter Generations
- In Generations Ultimate the Fortress area is changed heavily to give the Hunters more fire power.
- It is the G2 Urgent Quest Target needed to rank up to G3.
- Players can now walk on its back to place bombs.
Monster Hunter Frontier
- HR100 Lao-Shan Lung gains deadly strength and speed. It can also be killed in any location.
Monster Hunter Online
- Bizarrely Lao-Shan Lung's roar is replaced with Gravios breath attack sound effect.
- The Fortress is redesigned in this game.
Monster Hunter Stories
- There appears to be a Lao-Shan Lung skull in the Specimen Room of Manelger's Laboratory