Specialized Tools refer to clothing and equipment that grants you special abilities in Monster Hunter: World.
The Ghillie Mantle, for example, will temporarily camouflage you from monsters. Specialized tools must be equipped and then used as items in order to have any effect. They can be used an unlimited number of times, but have a cooldown time after each use. You can check the effects of any specialized tools you have equipped from "Equipment Info" in the menu.
|Apothecary Mantle||Increases the probability of triggering status buildup when attacking with weapons that induce abnormal statuses.|
|Assasin's Hood||Increases movement speed and allows you to hide quicker. Deals big damage to a Monster caught unaware, then the effect ends.|
|Bandit Mantle||Causes monsters to drop rare trade-in items when you attack them.|
|Challenger Mantle||Prompts monsters to target you more often and makes them easier to lure. The effect expires if you are attacked.|
|Dragonproof Mantle||Reduces dragon damage, nullifies dragonblight and powers up your weapon's dragon properties.|
|Evasion Mantle||Increases the invulnerability window while evading and grants a temporary attack boost for evading a monster attack at the very last moment.|
|Fireproof Mantle||Reduces fire damage, nullifies fireblight and blastblight, and prevents damage from hot environments.|
|Ghillie Mantle||Conceals you from enemy view temporarily. The effect expires if you perform an attack or take
|Glider Mantle||Increases jump airtime and grants the power to ride strong winds. Also makes it easier to mount monsters.|
|Iceproof Mantle||Reduces ice damage and nullifies iceblight.|
|Immunity Mantle||Removes and nullifies all abnormal status effects for the duration of the effect.|
|Impact Mantle||Adds a stun effect to most attacks or increases the potency of an existing stun effect.|
|Rocksteady Mantle||Eliminates damage reactions, prevents wind effects, protects your hearing, and grants tremor
resistance. You also receive less damage from attacks.
|Temporal Mantle||Nullifies damage from powerful attacks by automatically evading.|
|Thunderproof Mantle||Reduces thunder damage and nullifies thunderblight and paralysis.|
|Vitality Mantle||Negates a fixed amount of damage, after which the effect expires.|
|Waterproof Mantle||Reduces water damage, nullifies waterblight, reduces mobility restrictions in muck and negates them entirely for deep water.|
|Affinity Booster||Places a smoker that increases affinity.|
|Cleanser Booster||Places a smoker that removes any abnormal status effects and elemental blights.|
|Health Booster||Places a smoker that gradually restores your health.|
- As of the release of Iceborne and the 10.00 patch, Temporal Mantle's duration is cut shorter every time the effect activates instead of being able to indefinitely activate its effect within a fixed amount of time limit.
- Rocksteady Mantle cannot ignore reactions from attacks that knock the hunter flat to the ground such as the direct impact of Ruiner Nergigante's plummeting attack and Rajang's power slam.
- Rocksteady Mante also does not ignore damage reaction when the hunter is under the effect of Sleep status.
- Assassin's Mantle now makes Large Monster to automatically become aggressive at the sight of hunter wearing it.
- Evasion Mantle's attack boost is also granted upon successful use of invulnerability frame against roars and wind pressure.