|“||Its face exudes a fearsome malice, and its hide is as tough as armor, as if it were the physical manifestation of the grudges of fallen warriors. The purple gas that rises from its body when it eats other monsters is called "Hellfire," and it makes Magnamalo's already ferocious attacks even more destructive.||„|
Magnamalo is a hulking Fanged Wyvern that bears some resemblance to a tiger. It is primarily clad in purple and yellow plates of armor, with a red underbelly. The head has a short, tigrine snout, holds two foldable tusks under its cheeks, and sports a large pair of jagged yellow horns, just underneath which are its long, thin ears. Both the forelegs and hindlegs end in four-clawed digits, and each foreleg is armed with a single large serrated blade, which is kept folded back, parallel with the leg. Magnamalo's tail ends in a spear-like tip composed of three spikes that can flex outwards to form a trident shape. Hidden within its back are a series of bone blades/spikes that spring out from its hide whenever it becomes enraged.
Behavior and Abilities
Magnamalo is a cunning beast that attacks with relentless assault. It can perform attacks back to back, even striking before other attacks have followed through, which leaves little chance for its adversaries to react.
Magnamalo is capable of creating mysterious purple flames from its mouth, tail, back, and forelegs known as "Hellfire". Despite its size, it is capable of leaping an astonishing distance. While recoiling from a leap, it can fire several fireballs from its tail before leaping again. Magnamalo uses its thin, sharp tail for several attacks as well, such as somersaulting while using the blades of its tail-tip to strike like a whip. All of its yellow carapaces are also capable of erecting. It can also release thick purple clouds of gas that detonate when Magnamalo flicks its tail into them.
Magnamalo is belligerent, and is extremely hostile towards monsters and hunters alike. Magnamalo its aid to have a grudge against all life It is shown multiple times killing smaller monsters, such as Tobi-Kadachi or Arzuros, and carrying their corpses in its jaws. In one instance, during a clash with Rathalos, when the Flying Wyvern tried to flee, Magnamalo quickly pounced onto its back. After some struggling, Magnamalo forced the both of them into a dive, sending itself and Rathalos crashing into the present Hunter in a fiery explosion. The battered Rathalos was blasted aside, with Magnamalo seemingly unharmed. The Magnamalo is powerful enough to go toe to toe with Elder Dragons such as the Teostra.
Magnamalo shows every 50 years in Kamura Village during the Rampage in order to feast on the many monsters that show up. Feeding on the monsters helps the Wyvern become stronger. It is highly feared by the village as Magnamalo almost destroyed said village 50 years ago.
- Magnamalo's appearance was based on the armor of a dead samurai while its purplish flames are meant to resemble the onibi/will-o'-the-wisps. Tigers also played a part in its design. 
- The name of Magnamalo derives from the Latin word "Magna", which means "Great", and from the Spanish word "Malo", which means "Bad" or "Evil". Therefore, its etymology indicates that it is a great evil threat, which is why it is known as the Wyvern of Malice.
- Magnamalo's face, forelegs, and back can be wounded, and its tail can be severed.
- While Magnamalo is fighting, the hellfire gas emitted from its body will gradually move to certain parts of its body (Head, forelegs, back, and tail) and turn from purple to pink.
- If Magnamalo takes too much damage while the hellfire gas is expelled from its body, it'll stagger and fall onto the ground for several seconds, leaving it open to attacks. After recovering from the stagger, Magnamalo's body won't produce any of the hellfire gas for a short period of time.
- If hunters fail to deal enough damage to Magnamalo while the hellfire is emitted from its body and the gas is allowed to build up and turn pink, it'll unleash a powerful attack that covers a wide radius.
- “The main inspiration for Magnamalo came from samurai armor. While not a yokai per se, an armored samurai ghost is a well-known image, and we took this as the base for Magnamalo’s design.” Ichinose further explains that hitodama, or balls of fire that float around at night, are often associated with armored samurai ghosts, as they are said to be the souls of the dead. “That’s why Magnamalo emits a gas from his body that looks like onibi (ghost light),” explains Ichinose. Apart from the obvious Japanese inspirations, Ichinose says that Magnamalo’s design was also inspired by tigers that inhabit other Asian countries.