|“||A specially evolved Leviathan with a sleek, lithe body. Mizutsune can secrete a peculiar fluid that covers its foes in immobilizing bubbles. Once its foe's movement is impaired, it closes in with spry, dance-like movements.||„|
Like most other Leviathans, Mizutsune has a long, slender body. However, it is one of the few Leviathans to actually have fur on its body. This dark purple fur covers its chest, underbelly, legs and tail. Its scales are light colored and resemble those of a fish. Its head has a long snout and is beautifully adorned by many fin-like appendages. These fins are pink with yellow markings, and they can also be seen on its back and tail. Its feet are said to be quite different from other Leviathans and allow Mizutsune to move swiftly on land.
Mizutsune is able to breathe bubbles at its enemies and able to produce these bubbles in its fur. These bubbles inflict bubble blight, which hinders movement. It can also fire pressurized jets of water from its mouth, much like Plesioth.
Mizutsune isn't very aggressive towards hunters. However, males have been known to go berserk during the mating season, attacking anyone who comes across them. This rage is the reason hunters are requested to hunt them.
Other Non-Subspecies Forms
Main Article: Soulseer Mizutsune
Main Article: Apex Mizutsune
Main Article: Thunderbubble Mizutsune
- Monster Hunter Spirits
- Monster Hunter Explore
- Monstie Drop Monster Hunter Stories
- Monster Hunter Riders
- Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin
- Puzzle & Dragons
|MHGen: Mizutsune Theme|
- Mizutsune's Japanese name, Tamamitsune (タマミツネ), is a mix between Tamamo-no-Mae (a legendary fox spirit from Japanese mythology) and kitsune (kanji: 狐 / kana: キツネ) meaning "fox" in Japanese.
- Its English name combines the Japanese words mizu (kanji: 水 / kana: ミズ), meaning "water", and kitsune.
- Mizutsune is confirmed to be Ryozo Tsujimoto's favorite of the Fated Four
- The concept for Mizutsune's armor was a Fox Marriage (キツネの嫁入り). The male armor gives the appearance of a groom (新郎) while the female armor gives the appearance of a bride (新婦).
- Mizutsune's equipment design came from the kimono.
- When low on stamina, Mizutsune's yellow fins change to a blue color.
- When in Rage Mode, Mizutsune's fins turn red.
- While in Rage Mode, some of Mizutsune's bubbles stay on the ground. Its bubbles can also turn green or red, healing or granting an attack boost when they hit the hunter.
- Mizutsune's claws and back can be wounded, its head can be wounded twice and its tail can be wounded and severed.
- Mizutsune will eat fish from a fishing spot to recover Stamina.
- Mizutsune's roar requires Earplugs to block.
- In-game, the Mizutsune encountered are always male.
- Female Mizutsune have duller colors and smaller fins.
- If Mizutsune is staggered during certain attacks, such as the water beam and slide, it will fall over and drop a shiny.
Monster Hunter Generations
- Hyper Claw+ and Hyper Fluid can be obtained from Hyper Mizutsune missions.
Monster Hunter Rise
- It can shoot out a short burst of water from its mouth that inflicts Waterblight
- It can use the formerly G-Rank exclusive claw slam in any rank. However, it is only performed once instead of twice.
- When enraged, it can slide horizontally on its bubblefoam while using its water beam.
- It can shoot its water beam upwards, followed by it sweeping it from left to right or right to left.
|▷ Monsters appearing in Monster Hunter G (edit)|
|Herbivore||Aptonoth Apceros Kelbi Mosswine|
|Bird Wyvern|| Genprey Giaprey Ioprey Velociprey|
Gendrome Gypceros Purple Gypceros Iodrome Yian Kut-Ku Blue Yian Kut-Ku Velocidrome
|Piscine Wyvern|| Cephalos|
Cephadrome Plesioth Green Plesioth
|Flying Wyvern||Basarios Diablos Black Diablos Gravios Black Gravios Khezu Red Khezu Monoblos White Monoblos Rathalos Azure Rathalos Silver Rathalos Rathian Pink Rathian Gold Rathian|
|Elder Dragon||Fatalis Crimson Fatalis Kirin Lao-Shan Lung Ashen Lao-Shan Lung|
|▷ Monsters appearing in Monster Hunter Generations (edit)|
|Herbivore||Anteka Apceros Aptonoth Kelbi Larinoth Moofah Mosswine Popo Rhenoplos Slagtoth|
Tetsucabra Drilltusk Tetsucabra Zamtrios
|Fanged Beast|| Blango Bullfango|
Arzuros Redhelm Arzuros Blangonga Bulldrome Gammoth Kecha Wacha Lagombi Snowbaron Lagombi Rajang Furious Rajang Volvidon
|Carapaceon|| Ceanataur Hermitaur|
Daimyo Hermitaur Stonefist Hermitaur Shogun Ceanataur
|Neopteron|| Altaroth Bnahabra Hornetaur Konchu Vespoid|
Seltas Seltas Queen
|Bird Wyvern|| Gargwa Genprey Giaprey Ioprey Jaggi Jaggia Maccao Velociprey|
Gendrome Great Maccao Gypceros Iodrome Malfestio Velocidrome Yian Garuga Deadeye Yian Garuga Yian Kut-Ku
|Brute Wyvern||Brachydios Deviljho Savage Deviljho Duramboros Glavenus Hellblade Glavenus Uragaan Crystalbeard Uragaan|
|Fanged Wyvern||Zinogre Thunderlord Zinogre|
|Piscine Wyvern|| Cephalos|
Cephadrome Lavasioth Plesioth
|Leviathan|| Ludroth Uroktor|
Agnaktor Lagiacrus Nibelsnarf Mizutsune Royal Ludroth
|Snake Wyvern|| Remobra|
|Flying Wyvern||Akantor Astalos Khezu Nargacuga Silverwind Nargacuga Rathalos Dreadking Rathalos Silver Rathalos Rathian Dreadqueen Rathian Gold Rathian Seregios Tigrex Grimclaw Tigrex Ukanlos|
|Elder Dragon||Alatreon Amatsu Chameleos Kirin Kushala Daora Nakarkos Shagaru Magala Teostra|
|▷ Monsters appearing in Monster Hunter Rise (edit)|
|Herbivore||Anteka Kelbi Kestodon Popo Rhenoplos Slagtoth|
|Fanged Beast|| Bombadgy Bullfango|
Arzuros Apex Arzuros Bishaten Goss Harag Lagombi Rajang Volvidon
|Bird Wyvern|| Baggi Gargwa Izuchi Jaggi Jaggia Wroggi|
Aknosom Great Baggi Great Izuchi Great Wroggi Kulu-Ya-Ku Pukei-Pukei
|Brute Wyvern||Anjanath Barroth|
|Fanged Wyvern|| Jagras|
Magnamalo Tobi-Kadachi Zinogre Apex Zinogre
Almudron Mizutsune Apex Mizutsune Royal Ludroth Somnacanth
|Piscine Wyvern|| Delex|
|Flying Wyvern||Barioth Basarios Bazelgeuse Diablos Apex Diablos Khezu Nargacuga Rathalos Apex Rathalos Rathian Apex Rathian Tigrex|
|Elder Dragon||Chameleos Crimson Glow Valstrax Kushala Daora Teostra Thunder Serpent Narwa Narwa the Allmother Wind Serpent Ibushi|