Molten Tigrex features a striking blood red coloration interspersed with bright blue spines and claws. It is slightly larger than the other two varieties of Tigrex.
It is capable of creating explosive blasts while charging, spinning and biting. In addition, its attacks can leave a target with an explosive powder that will explode over time. Interestingly, this species of Tigrex appears to have two rage modes.
In the first enraged state the veins of its head, forelegs and tail will become bright red and its speed will increase. Also, it will be able to use the Brute Tigrex's devastating stampede attack.
In the second enraged state it will start by using the Brute Tigrex's explosive roar, and its eyes will turn red. Veins on the wings, back legs, chest and tail base will also become visible.
It can now also, in combination with its attacks, spread explosive powder clouds and use the super roar in succession as well the lunge spin attack.
Little is known of the Molten Tigrex's idle behavior, but it can be assumed that it is highly aggressive and fierce towards those that encroach upon its territory.
MH4U Breakable Parts
|Right Wing (x1)|
|Left Wing (x1)|
- Its attacks are highly similar to those of the Brute Tigrex, with additional Blastblight effects.
- When running, its claws will create sparks, suggesting that its claws are made of a flint-like material.
- It can use Brute Tigrex's "Trampling charge" attack 3 times in a row without warning or any sign of doing it again.
- It can charge attack up to five times in a row, but always falls over on the fifth charge.
- Molten Tigrex's roar requires HG Earplugs to block and causes damage to hunters.
- Its design appears to be partially based off of the Tigrex X armor from Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, which featured a very similar crimson and blue coloration.
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
- It's unlocked once the player's hunter reaches a Hunter Rank (HR) of 50.
- The Molten Tigrex is fought at the Tower Summit, like Silver Rathalos and Gold Rathian.
- The Tower's theme replaces the Tigrex theme.
- When fatigued, there is nowhere in the area for the Molten Tigrex to regain stamina, and so it will remain fatigued until it becomes enraged again.
- When the Second enraged state ends, Molten Tigrex will be always fatigued.
- However, this doesn't happen anymore in G-rank.