Monsters are the central aspect of the Monster Hunter series. Monsters are (by Monster Hunter definition) creatures in the World of Monster Hunter. Many look natural, but some of them have a mythical appearance, and some of them possess mystical, supernatural, and even divine powers. Each of these monsters have abilities that can make them pose a challenge to any hunter. Monsters provide materials, success, fame and glory as hunting them progresses the hunter through the game.
Main Monster Pages
- Monster List - a list of all the boss monsters in the series
- Monster Classes - a list of all the different species discovered
- Subspecies - a comparative list with subspecies
- Rare Species - a comparative list with rare species
- Lone Species - a comparative list with lone species
- Origin Species - a comparative list with origin species
- Burst Species - a comparative list with burst species
- Zenith Species - a comparative list with zenith species
- Variant - a comparative list with variants
- Deviant - a comparative list with deviants
- Status Effects - all the effects monsters can inflict on you
Other Monster Pages
- Minor Monsters - monsters that do not appear in the games proper, but still exist.
- Rage - a dangerous state among monsters when severely angered
- Size - monsters can range from tiny to gigantic
- Frenzy Virus - an infectious disease caused by some specific monsters
- Hyper State - a mysterious phenomenon in monsters that heightens their aggression
- Tempered State - a mysterious phenomenon in monsters that heightens their aggression.
- Black Blight - mysterious dangerous state that affects monsters.