Najarala is a large Snake Wyvern with bright green skin adorned with large orange-yellow plates on its back and tail. It has a long serpentine body with small though fully functional fore- and hindlimbs that aid it in moving around on uneven ground. Najarala also has a large beak-like mouth similar to that of a parrot, along with a small pair of tusks.
Najarala is capable of burrowing underground and attacking unsuspecting enemies or prey from below. Its fangs can deliver a potent paralyzing venom in order to subdue its opponents if they were to attempt escape from its circling trap attack. The tail plates can be flung at enemies to create a deafening noise, and they can be made to shatter into many pieces through powerful vibrations generated by the plating around Najarala's body. These shards will always cause the Stun status, unless an appropriate armor skill grants protection against it. It may also constrict its target with its long and large body, causing damage over time until the victim manages to break free.
It is an aggressive ambush predator that will strike when prey is in reach. Najarala will also utilize the misty fog in its environment to launch ambush attacks on unsuspecting hunters or prey.
The Japanese name Gararaajara is based on the Japanese word for "snake", as well as an onomatopoeia for rattling. The English name Najarala is a combination of "Naja", a genus of cobras, and the rattling sound a rattlesnake produces.
Click on Expand to see contents.
Analysis and Guides
For details, see Najarala Guides.
|Najarala Analysis for Monster Hunter 4|
(Click Image to Zoom)
(Click Image to Zoom)
(Click Image to Zoom)
|Brighter Red means more damage, while Darker Red means lesser damage.|
Credits for the Images used above goes to kei_9 (ケイ) of Pixiv
|Raw Hitzone Damage Data|
|Hitzone||Cutting Damage||Impact Damage||Shot Damage|
|Element Hitzone Damage Data|
|This Monster is weakest to:|| Ice on Tail Tip:|
|Status Effects Data|
|Item Effectiveness Data|
MH4U Breakable Parts
- Najarala seems to share some notable physical characteristics with the Mbói Tu'ĩ (translation: snake parrot) of the Brazilian Guarani. According to their mythology, the Mbói Tu'ĩ has the body of an enormous serpent, its skin scaly and streaked, bearing a large feather-covered parrot head and beak. The Mbói Tu'ĩ is known to let out a highly powerful squawk or shriek that can heard over great distances and has been noted to instill fear in those who are unfortunate enough to hear it.
- Najarala's sound emitting plating on its tail is somewhat similar to the rattling mechanism of a real-life rattlesnake.
- If the hunter is near a shard thrown by Najarala caution should be taken. When Najarala roars or generates a rattling sound, all the scattered shards will break to pieces in unison, causing damage and stunning the hunter. The shards can be destroyed by attacking them with a weapon, breaking them in this manner will render them harmless.
- The plates on Najarala's back and tail can be broken along with its face and back legs.
- It will prey on Slagtoth to regain stamina.
- When fatigued, Najarala's plates will turn pale green, and it will stumble after performing a charge, leaving it open to attack.
- When fatigued, Najarala's plates will also soften up, allowing hunters to break them without bouncing off.
- Najarala's roar requires HG Earplugs to block.
- It probably got its name from the Naja philippinensis, the Philippine cobra’s habitat include low-lying plains and forested regions, along with open fields, grasslands, dense jungle and agricultural fields.
- During the localization process, potential name candidates for Najarala included Sistralus, Majarox, and A'jara.
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
- It can become infected by the Frenzy Virus.
- In G-rank, some of its tail-based attacks will drop sound-emiting plates. These plates will explode much faster than usual.
- There is a rare glitch where Najarala can be flinched while preying on a Slagtoth and not move for the rest of the fight, but not take any damage either.
- It will drop a shiny if, while coiling around a target, it is struck on the head hard enough to flinch.
- New MH4U monster names unveiled at Japan Expo
- Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate: Localization & The Apex Predator!