Nakarkos are massive cephalopod-like monsters. They have glowing yellow eyes and massive, sharp beaks. They have blue skin with spots of turquoise bioluminescence. The most unique feature of a Nakarkos's body is its self-made covering of bones which it uses to protect and camouflage itself. Under normal circumstances, the Nakarkos's face cannot be seen. Its two primary tentacles are covered in vertebrae and tipped with skulls, creating the appearance of a two-headed skeletal dragon.
Nakarkos are capable of coating enemies in a sticky mucus which makes it easier for victims to become covered in the bones that litter the monster's lair. It can also shoot this mucus of the tips of its twin primary tentacles, and can burrow through the earth to surprise attackers from below. Being cephalopodic in nature, Nakarkos are adept swimmers and are very much at home in an aquatic environment. Nakarkos have also been observed replacing the skulls of its tentacles with body parts from other monsters, giving it a wider range of elements and tools it can use, such as Glavenus's tail. Nakarkos can concentrate the Dragon energy in their bodies to fire beams of this element from their tentacles or a much wider, deadly blast from their mouths.
Nakarkos are voracious predators and are unchallenged in their natural habitats. They can often make entire ecosystems disappear in order to feed its insatiable appetite. They capture and devour all manner of other monsters using sprays of its mucus, including powerful flying and brute wyverns, and adorn themselves in the bones of their victims to protect their soft bodies. Nakarkos are very solitary creatures and live alone for much of their lives.
Nakarkos are adapted to inhabit underwater environments but are capable of living on land as well. They are known to make their lairs in subterranean caves known as Wyvern's Ends, which are connected to the ocean or other large bodies of water and are immediately recognizable by the massive number of bones that they contain.
Nakarkos's Japanese name, Osutogaroa, is a combination of Oyster (Japanese 牡蠣) and Tangaroa (Japanese タンガロア).
|MHGen: Nakarkos Theme (Phase 1)|
|MHGen: Nakarkos Theme (Phase 2)|
- Nakarkos's tentacles, back, face tentacles, and beak can be broken. The outer shell can be wounded and then broken. The back of its shell can be gathered from.
- It has two map icons.
- When enraged, the spots on its body will change from a light blue color to bright red. The area it's fought in, the Wyvern's End, will also grow darker save for a ghostly blue light.
- When Nakarkos is using different types of monster parts to fight, a Sonic Bomb can be used to destroy the parts it is using.
- When it uses its dragon beam, Tranq Bombs can be used to stop Nakarkos, much like Yama Tsukami.
- Breaking the Nakarkos's tentacles will cause the black mist around it to disappear.
- In its first phase, breaking a tentacle only causes the mist on that side of its body to disappear. In its second phase, breaking a tentacle dispels the mist around its face.
- If hunters make Nakarkos flinch, it will drop Ballista ammo as a shiny.
- Nakarkos' roar requires HG Earplugs to block.
Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate
- The G-rank form of this monster unlocks at HR50.
- G-Rank Nakarkos starts out in phase 2 and will revert back to phase one when enough damage is done.