Namielle is an Elder Dragon that has aspects of manta rays, deep sea fish, and jellyfish. Its massive wings are colored black on top and a light blue on the underside, with rainbow luminescence that pulses constantly. Its head is red and blue with the same pulsing luminescence but when drained of its water and dried out, it has a milky tan coloring that affects both its body and the underside of its wings. It also has multiple long whiskers on the lower jaw.
Behavior and Abilities
Namielle is a seemingly passive monster, and only fights when provoked. It has the power to generate, absorb and manipulate water at will. When in danger, it will electrify its body and use the tips of its wings to touch patches of water and make them explode violently into steam. Namielle also has the power to float, and fly without beating its wings, soaring through the sky similar to a manta ray.
| Namielle Finehide|
|11||4360z||Very rare Namielle material. Mostly obtained by carving. Broadly used for many purposes.|
| Namielle Fellwing|
|11||8960z||Very rare Namielle material. Obtained by breaking its wings. Supple, used to craft gear.|
| Namielle Whisker|
|11||9600z||Very rare Namielle material. Obtained by breaking its head. Grants thunder element properties.|
| Namielle Lash|
|11||9280z||Very rare Namielle material. Obtained by carving its severed tail. Stiff, used to craft gear.|
| Namielle Hardclaw|
|11||9120z||Very rare Namielle material. Obtained by breaking its forelegs. Sharp, used in many weapons.|
| Large Elder Dragon Gem|
|12||21000z||A giant, ultra-rare stone that forms inside an Elder Dragon once in a millennium.|
- For more information, see Namielle Equipment
The following is a complete weapon list for Namielle weapons:
|Long Sword||Sword & Shield||Hunting Horn|
|Charge Blade||Insect Glaive||Light Bowgun|
- For more images, see Namielle Photo Gallery
- Its appearance is based on deep sea animals such as the Vampire Squid and bioluminescent comb jellies.
- Namielle's water puddles can be drained by shooting Brightmoss at them.
- Namielle has two states, Hydrated and Dehydrated. When hydrated, Namielle takes more elemental damage, most notably to Fire on the head, with Impact damage only being effective on the stomach and Cutting damage on the forelegs. Conversely, when dehydrated, raw damage becomes extremely effective, with Element Damage losing its power all round. The best zones for Impact and Cutting Damage remain mostly the same, although Impact users may wish to focus the head, for a KO stagger.
- Namielle will always enter the Dehydrated state after performing a specific attack. This attack can be anticipated by the camera zooming out, and Namielle surrounding a wide area with water. Namielle will jump up and slam down, electrifying the water, with a large burst of electricity following shortly after. The burst should be evaded, blocked, or avoided.