Nerscylla physically resembles a real life Arachnid, but is much larger in size. Its long, strong legs allow it to move at fast speeds, even sideways. At the tip of its abdomen is a large stinger it may use to attack. Sharp, poisonous spikes protrude from its back.
Nerscylla is armed with four powerful legs and two claws, each one tipped with a formidable barbed hook, used for holding prey as well as keeping its grip while scaling walls. In addition, it possesses a massive pair of retractable jaws which can inflict a poisonous bite. It can produce a strong, sticky webbing that it uses to trap prey and build nests.
Nerscylla is adaptable to different environments and capable of spinning a large amount of silk web very quickly. The silk it uses to swing itself across the air and to capture prey is very durable and sticky, so breaking free is difficult. Nerscylla ensnares its prey with the web, then reels them in to strike. The stinger at the tip of its abdomen contains a tranquilizing fluid that can cause the Sleep status. In higher ranks, Nerscylla loses the ability to put hunters to sleep, but gains the Deadly Poison status instead.
Nerscylla weave nests of durable web in the Sunken Hollow. When they abandon their nest, they can be seen wandering in other areas such as the Primal Forest and the Everwood. They are also known to nest near farming land, where livestock are found, and prey on them with the occasional and unfortunate farmer.
The Japanese name Nerusukyura is a combination of "Nergal", the Mesopotamian god of plague and war, and Neoscona scylla, the scientific name of an orb-weaving spider. The English name Nerscylla is a basic romanization of the original Japanese name.
Click on Expand to see contents.
MH4U Breakable Parts
|Poison Spikes (x2)|
- When enraged, Nerscylla's eyes turn red, as well as the markings under its abdomen and its mouth drools.
- The Gypceros hide on Nerscylla can be broken along with its claw and the poison spikes on its back twice.
- Its body structure is somewhat similar to Carapaceons like Daimyo Hermitaur and Shogun Ceanataur.
- When climbing upside down, poison will drip from Nerscylla's back.
- This will sometimes leave a shiny.
- This will not happen if its back is broken twice.
- If Nerscylla is infected by Frenzy Virus, frenzy drip will fall instead of poison.
- If Nerscylla puts a hunter to sleep and the hunter falls asleep, Nerscylla will close in on the hunter, observing to make sure the hunter is asleep. Nerscylla will then back up and then do its mandible attack on the hunter while he/she is waking up.
- Nerscylla's web attack can cause a new Ailment Web Bound, which is similar to Muddy and Snowman, but differs by leaving the hunter stuck in place. In addition, Nerscylla will close in on the hunter and wrap the hunter up or it can use a small thin strand of web and pull the hunter closer to itself and will either attempt to sleep/poison the hunter or attack the hunter while he/she is recovering.
- It can also wrap the hunter and their Palicoes in webbing if they get stuck in some of the balls of webbing on the ground, and will then proceed to drag them up into the top part of the area.
- When weak Nerscylla will sleep upside down hanging on a web, making it a perfect time to sleep-bomb and break its back.
- Gypceros is the favored prey of Nerscylla, and it wears the Bird Wyvern's hide on its back and other parts of its body. It kills Gypceros to gain their rubbery hides, and will also replace the skin when needed or after molting. In the Sunken Hollow's area 5 there are multiple web-covered Gypceros corpses hanging from the ceiling, confirming that Nerscylla preys on Gypceros.
- When low on stamina, its web shot attack will fail. It will also trip and fall on its back after every attempt at launching itself with its web.
- It will feed on carcasses to regain stamina.
- Sometimes when enraged, it will perform a "Fake Taunt", in which it will rub its claws, then instantly turn at the hunter and bite with its extended jaws.
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
- Nerscylla first appears in 4-star Village Quests.
- It can be infected by the Frenzy Virus.
- In High-rank, Nerscylla loses its ability to inflict sleep on hunters but its poison works twice as fast.
- In G-rank, After it extends its mandibles, it can walk forward before it does its mandible attack.
- During the localization process, potential name candidates for Nerscylla included Azravel and Thranid.
- New MH4U monster names unveiled at Japan Expo
- Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate: Localization & The Apex Predator!