Odibatorasu is a hulking, flightless wyvern, structurally similar to Akantor or Ukanlos. Its body is mainly a shade of red with numerous cream-coloured tips and highlights, and more grey-ish undersides. It has a relatively flat face with a very small pair of green eyes with round pupils, a large mouth with an acute shaped tongue, and the mouth is lined with single rows of numerous, small, blunt teeth. On top of the head, there are two blunt horns above the eyes, and one pointy horn behind the nose. Jutting out from the chin are some ridged, segmented platings. Much like Ukanlos, Odibatorasu's limbs have three visible digits, ending in large and blunt claws. It has a long, wide tail covered in segmented platings, which looks somewhat like a hybrid of Akantor's tail and Ukanlos' tail. On its back is a large, flexible, and durable cannon-like shell structure made of at least three large pieces. On top of the shell next to the "main cannon" structure are three pairs of smaller openings facing upward. There are also smaller holes at various points across the shell.
Odibatorasu is capable of taking in large quantities of sand and expelling it as a means of attacking. It can fire a steady stream of sand from its mouth, or launch more condensed projectiles from large circular openings on the top half of its shell. Odibatorasu cannot fly, but it does excel quite well at digging, in addition to having heavy physical strength typical for monsters its size.
Odibatorasu is known to envelop itself in a large sand dune when at rest. Beyond that, little is known of its idle behavior other than that it is aggressive towards those that encroach upon its territory.
This creature has been found inhabiting the Desert.
Click on Expand to see contents.
- Monster Hunter Frontier Forward.5 (Introduced)
- Monster Hunter Frontier G
- Monster Hunter Frontier G2
- Monster Hunter Frontier G3
- Monster Hunter Frontier G Genuine
- Monster Hunter Frontier G5
- Monster Hunter Frontier G6
- Monster Hunter Frontier G7
- Monster Hunter Frontier G8
- Monster Hunter Frontier G9
- Monster Hunter Frontier G10
- Monster Hunter Frontier Z
- Monster Hunter Frontier Z Zenith
Other Non-Subspecies Forms
The cream highlights have orange tips, or have just turned orange, the spikes on the shell are slightly longer with some curving downwards slightly, and the horns on the head are a bit bigger.
|MHFG: Odibatorasu Music Theme|
- Odibatorasu's head, both of its forelimbs and its back can be broken and its tail can be severed (SR100+ for tail).
- Odibatorasu appears to oddly have been hinted from a book released close to MHP3rd's release. It was noted that a relative of Ukanlos, known as the Third God, lived in a desert.
- Odibatorasu appears to be a dominant predator in its habitat; the Forward 5 trailer depicts it preying on an Akura Vashimu and causing a herd of Apceros and a pack of Genprey to flee in a stampede.
- Odibatorasu is known for the unbelievable attack strength of its sand manipulating roar when entering rage causing a deadly sand explosion with the power of monsters much higher than its rank.
- The upper half of Odibatorasu's shell appears to raise and lower with certain attacks, most notably when it fires clumps of sand into the air from the main cannon.
- Odibatorasu's roar requires HG Earplugs to block.
- The range of Odibatorasu's Tail Sweep is considerably larger compared to the same attacks from Akantor or Ukanlos, this being due to excess sand being swept up during the attack.
- Uniquely, Odibatorasu is fought in a "standard area", rather than a "special area", like the Battleground, like Ukanlos or Akantor.
Monster Hunter Frontier
- Odibatorasu can first only be repelled at HR100 and killed as a HC monster at SR100 with some increased attack power.
- HC Odibatorasu's roar requires Super HG Earplugs to block.
- To upgrade Odibatorasu weapons to be of any major value, paper proofs acquired from killing Odibatorasu at SR100 are needed.
- There was an quest that let the player hunt a very small Odibatorasu similarly to an Event Quest involving an abnormally tiny Gammoth, also much like that quest, any attacks Odibatorasu has that involve manipulating the sand have their normal range and visual effect size despite the severe size difference.
- During Forward 5 update of MHFO, Odibatorasu weapons, along with those of Raviente were some of the best pure raw power weapons in the series.