|Some of the names in this Article use an unofficial English translation of its official Japanese Name.|
The name is obtained either by using Japanese translating programs or through previous existing English equivalent terms in the game. The names will be used as quick references around other articles in the Monster Hunter Wiki until Capcom reveals the official English names for them.
Odibatorasu is a hulking, flightless wyvern that is covered in a flexible yet incredibly durable shell. Its body is mainly blood red with cream-coloured tips upon all of its spines. It has a flat face with broad teeth, despite a carnivorous diet. Upon its back is a large, cannon-like structure from which large quantities of sand can be expelled. Its overall body structure is highly reminiscent of that of other flightless Wyverns such as Akantor and Ukanlos.
Odibatorasu is capable of taking in large quantities of sand and expelling it as a means of attacking. It can fire a steady stream of sand from its mouth, or launch a more condensed projectile from the cannon-like structure on its back.
Odibatorasu is known to envelop itself in a large sand dune when at rest. Beyond that, little is known of its idle behaviour other than that it is aggressive towards those that encroach upon its territory.
These behemoth's inhabit the Desert as the apex predators of the region.
Other Non-Subspecies Forms
The cream highlights have orange tips, the spikes on the shell are slightly longer with some curving downwards slightly, and the horns on the head are a bit bigger.
|MHFG: Odibatorasu Music Theme|
- Odibatorasu's head, both of its forelimbs and its back can be broken and its tail can be severed (SR100+ for tail).
- Odibatorasu appears to oddly have been hinted from a book released close to MHP3rd's release. It was noted that a relative of Ukanlos, known as the Third God, lived in a desert.
- During Forward 5 update of MHFO, Odibatorasu weapons, along with those of Raviente were some of the best pure raw power weapons in the series.
- Odibatorasu appears to be a dominant predator in its habitat; the Forward 5 trailer depicts it preying on an Akura Vashimu and causing a herd of Apceros and Genprey to flee in a stampede.
- Some of Odibatorasu's movements are similar to Akantor and Ukanlos.
- Odibatorasu is known for the unbelievable attack strength of its sand manipulating roar when entering rage causing a deadly sand explosion with the power of monsters much higher than its rank.
- Odibatorasu's shell appears to raise and lower with certain attacks, most notably when it fires sand into the air with its main cannon.
- Odibatorasu's roar requires HG Earplugs to block.
- Though Odibatorasu is similar to Akantor and Ukanlos, there are some differences that sets it apart:
- Odibatorasu's teeth appear to be more broad than the fangs of its counterparts, even though it itself is carnivorous.
- The range of Odibatorasu's Tail Sweep is considerably larger due to excess sand being swept across during this attack.
- Odibatorasu is fought in a "standard area", rather than a "special area", like the Battleground.
- Odibatorasu is the only one to have three "Digging" attacks.
- Odibatorasu can first only be repelled at HR100 and killed as a HC monster at SR100 with some increased attack power.
- HC Odibatorasu's roar requires Super HG Earplugs to block.
- To upgrade Odibatorasu weapons to be of any major value, paper proofs acquired from killing Odibatorasu at SR100 are needed.
- There is a quest that lets the player hunt a very small Odibatorasu similarly to the tiny Gammoth quest, also much like that quest any attacks Odibatorasu has that involve manipulating the sand have their normal range despite the size difference.