Unlike the ordinary Kirin, this subspecies' body is mainly a dark navy blue, with violet stripes throughout. Its mane is black with light purple tips and its eyes are a luminous red. In addition, its horn is larger, has pink-ish color and features a spiraling ridge from base to tip.
Oroshi Kirin is able to summon ice shards to defend itself rather than the lighting strikes employed by its standard cousin.
This icy Kirin is even more aggressive than its standard cousin.
MH4U Breakable Parts
- Its hide becomes much tougher during rage mode and requires Mind's Eye to cut through it.
- Touching its ice block will cause minor damage and Iceblight status to the hunter.
- In G Rank, it can summon a "cold field" at the hunter, if he/she stays for 1 second in this cold field, it inflicts Snowman status.
- Its design appears to be partially based upon the Kirin X armour set from Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, which featured a very similar purple and blue coloration.
Monster Hunter Stories
- Oroshi Kirin can be obtainable through DLC Subquest