|Some of the names in this Article use an unofficial English translation of its official Japanese Name.|
The name is obtained either by using Japanese translating programs or through previous existing English equivalent terms in the game. The names will be used as quick references around other articles in the Monster Hunter Wiki until Capcom reveals the official English names for them.
Pokara are mammalian Leviathan's with resemblance to walruses, they feature fluked tails, and ridgid look backs.
The adult females/adolescent males feature mixes of white and grey fur with accompanying spot and stripe patterns, they also have two tusks that curve slightly forward, two horns sprouting near the back of their heads, a sort of blubbery dorsal fin on their backs, and small spines on their legs, along with two sprouting on either side of the tails close to the flukes, with another spike coming from between the flukes.
The young are mostly white with only a light blue streak running from their heads and along their backs, and dark grey tips to their tail flukes. They also lack tusks and spines bar one from between the flukes, and have six horns, the middle one of each set being larger than the rest.
The female Pokara are aggressive towards intruders of their territory, however they greatly rely on their adult male counterparts, the Pokaradon, for protection against larger threats such as Anorupatisu or Giaorugu.
The Young however are carefree and open to predatory attack. They wander around playfully and despite having fluffy baby seal-like fur are already fully capable of swimming seemingly effortlessly. This carefree and playful behavior even leads them to playing with and following hunters even after they just got done killing members of their own species. They are known to mimic the behavior they see hunters doing such as waving or aggressive looking behavior. In some cases they even seemingly attempt to talk to hunters through this just ends in a bunch of odd sounds.
They inhabit every part of the Polar Sea including underwater.
Click on Expand to see contents.
- Monster Hunter Frontier G1 (Introduced)
- Monster Hunter Frontier G2
- Monster Hunter Frontier G3
- Monster Hunter Frontier G Genuine
- Monster Hunter Frontier G5
- Monster Hunter Frontier G6
- Monster Hunter Frontier G7
- Monster Hunter Frontier G8
- Monster Hunter Frontier G9
- Monster Hunter Frontier G10
- Monster Hunter Frontier Z
- Monster Hunter Frontier Z Zenith
- The small white juveniles can be found throughout the Polar Sea and are social towards hunters responding to gestures, waving to them, and even attempting to talk with them giving "Yes" or "No" questions, but what they are saying is not clear.
- Despite being Leviathans, Pokara share some characteristics with Fanged Beast type monsters.
- According to the species Monster Info, Pokara and their kin are mammals. This makes them the first mammalian Leviathans and also the first Leviathans with fur.