|Some of the names in this Article use an unofficial English translation of its official Japanese Name.|
The name is obtained either by using Japanese translating programs or through previous existing English equivalent terms in the game. The names will be used as quick references around other articles in the Monster Hunter Wiki until Capcom reveals the official English names for them.
Pokaradon is a large white and grey fur covered monster with some resemblance to a walrus. It also has several orange horns sprouting from the back of its head and what appears to be some kind of blubbery hump on its upper back. Pokaradon also has a fluked tail similar to that of Cetaceans such as whales and dolphins, and a few curved back spines lining their front legs.
Pokaradon has improved versions of Royal Ludroth attacks plus moves of its own. Its well known for spitting balls of water that explode with great force upon impact, and also for its sliding attack. Some of its moves include clapping before pouncing on a target (this causes a loud blast that inflicts KO) and digging up a rocky snowball; this creates a pit hunters can fall into and get stuck. Pokaradon can then split the rocky snowball up into four separate chunks which fly towards the hunters. When a hunter is hit by this attack it will cause the Snowman status.
Pokaradon are very territorial and viscously protective of their harems and offspring. When not violently dealing with intruders and aggressors they have been observed having softer sides to them, playing with their families in the snow and such.
Pokaradon have only been observed inhabiting the Polar Sea.
- In MHF-G's first trailer a baby Pokaradon known as Poka is seen.
- In MHF-G's second trailer a Pokaradon is seen fighting an Anorupatisu, hinting towards a rivalry or predator and prey relationship.
- Despite being a Leviathan, Pokaradon shares some characteristics with certain Pelagus/Fanged Beast monsters.
- According to its Monster Info, Pokaradon and its kin Pokara are mammals. This makes them the first mammalian Leviathans and also the first Leviathans with fur.
- Pokaradon is the first monster in franchise to feature its entire growth stage, from baby, juvenile male/adult female, to adult male.
- Its tail can be severed and carved, and its tusks and the back hump can be broken.
- Its eyes glow red when enraged.
- The rarest item from Pokaradon is an unusual frozen tear made upon death that never melts.