Being a subspecies of Slicemargl, Purple Slicemargl share many of their physical features with them. However, unlike their arctic cousins, Purple Slicemargl have purple-tinted fur, red; venomous bone spikes, and blue eyes that will glow red when the monster is enraged.
Purple Slicemargl's bone blades contain toxic and paralytic venom adding Poison and Paralysis to their punches and projectile bone spikes. Unlike their common species, Purple Slicemargl are also capable of launching the bone spikes on their backs and are more prone to following-up their physical attacks into combos.
Purple Slicemargl behave relatively the same as the normal Slicemargl, but are known to be much more vicious when fighting.
Effectiveness Diagram (MHO)
Information sourced from ingame Ecology Illustration chart.
- Purple Slicemargl's head, front arms, back, and tail can be wounded.
- Unlike most other monsters, Purple Slicemargl's do not roar when they enter Rage Mode. Instead, they will slam their arms on the ground in front of them, extending the bones on their arms in the process.
- Purple Slicemargl's eyes also glow red and leave trails while enraged much like the normal ones.
- Like the normal ones Hunters can only break the arms when it's enraged.
- Doing this will prevent it from being able to inflict Status Ailments with those parts until the bones regenerate.