|“||This creature's body is covered in webbing, as if it's wearing a white gown. It uses its webs to stop hunters in their tracks, before attacking them with burning gas. It is always seen carrying its offspring with it. Known as "Rachnoid," these little creatures provide their mother with support in moving around and catching prey. Be very careful of their combined attacks.||„|
Rakna-Kadaki are Temnocerans bristling with sharp curving spikes. Their body is covered in a purple carapace with several large spikes on the legs and the abdomen, which are used to hang their web. Unlike Nerscylla, Rakna-Kadaki have six legs, the first two pairs are walking legs and the last pair is held above the ground carrying the abdomen, and a pair of purplish-red, blunt pedipalps that can extend to over three times their length. The most peculiar trait of Rakna-Kadaki however is its "neck". Similar to pelican spiders, it has a long, extendable neck that can be "retracted" back on top of the thorax. Its head sports eight yellow eyes, as well as two pairs of chelicerae on its jaw.
Its offspring, called Rachnoid, looks like a ball of silk with the legs, pedipalps, and spikes sticking out of the ball.
Behavior and Abilities
Unlike most spiders, as well as Nerscylla, Rakna-Kadaki are capable of spitting silk from their mouth, and can spit several strands at the same time. They use this silk to bind their prey in web before finishing them off. They also capable spewing a stream of burning gas from its mouth, as well as expelling the same gas from the body.
Rakna-Kadaki are normally seen wearing their silk on the body, creating the appearance of a white gown. They also carry their babies around at all times, and can send them out to for coordinated attacks, such as spitting out globs of silk or pulling in their mother using their own silk.
- Its Japanese name, Yatsukadaki (ヤツカダキ), is a reference to one of Tsuchigumo's alternate names, specifically yatsukahagi. The English name, Rakna-Kadaki, is romanized from the Japanese one, added with a corruption of the English word arachnid.
- Interestingly, Ragna is also the feminine Italian word for spider, although the similarity between the two may be coincidental.
- Rakna-Kadaki pulls inspiraton from not one, but two yokai from Japanese folklore: the Jorōgumo and the already mentioned Tsuchigumo.
- Rakna-Kadaki has two states in which it can enter, however, not freely.
- Gown State: The state in which Rakna-Kadaki wears its silk on its legs. Upon removing the silk from two of the four walking legs, the silk on other legs is also removed, the Rakna-Kadaki will collapse for a second while Rachnoid will fall off before dig away. Rakna-Kadaki always starts the quest in this state, and will immediately reenter this state by binding its silk onto the legs after recovering from the collapse when the abdomen silk in the Incubating State is broken.
- Incubating State: The state in which Rakna-Kadaki bounds its abdomen into a massive ball of silk, which it initiates immediately after recovering from the collapse when the gown is broken. In this state Rakna-Kadaki will try to use its abdomen to smash at its foes. However, the abdomen becomes a massive weakspot in this state. If enough damage is done to the abdomen, the silk ball will break apart, causing Rakna-Kadaki to collapse and expose its head for several seconds. However, even if you break the abdomen silk, Rachnoid will always spawn, and Rakna-Kadaki will enter the Gown State.
- There is an attack were Rakna-Kadaki will launch Rachnoids from her abdomen and pull herself forward, during this, you can cut Rakna-Kadaki's web which tumble her down.
|▷ Monsters appearing in Monster Hunter Rise (edit)|
|Herbivore||Anteka Kelbi Kestodon Popo Rhenoplos Slagtoth|
|Fanged Beast|| Bombadgy Bullfango|
Arzuros Apex Arzuros Bishaten Goss Harag Lagombi Rajang Volvidon
|Bird Wyvern|| Baggi Gargwa Izuchi Jaggi Jaggia Wroggi|
Aknosom Great Baggi Great Izuchi Great Wroggi Kulu-Ya-Ku Pukei-Pukei
|Brute Wyvern||Anjanath Barroth|
|Fanged Wyvern|| Jagras|
Magnamalo Tobi-Kadachi Zinogre Apex Zinogre
Almudron Mizutsune Apex Mizutsune Royal Ludroth Somnacanth
|Piscine Wyvern|| Delex|
|Flying Wyvern||Barioth Basarios Bazelgeuse Diablos Apex Diablos Khezu Nargacuga Rathalos Apex Rathalos Rathian Apex Rathian Tigrex|
|Elder Dragon||Chameleos Crimson Glow Valstrax Kushala Daora Teostra Thunder Serpent Narwa Narwa the Allmother Wind Serpent Ibushi|