It shares the same general build as other Elder Dragons. It has large, gold colored horns that can be broken three times, golden wings, grey scales, and spines along its tail. A dark circle, along with boulders and other floating debris surrounds Rukodiora.
Rukodiora inflicts a status effect that enables it to magnetically push and pull hunters to its will. When attacking, Rukodiora uses the magnetically controlled levitating debris surrounding it for both offense and defense. It also swipes at the hunter with its claws, flies into the air before swooping down, and utilizes a powerful Dragon-Element magnetic sweeping beam that sucks hunters into it and gives the Magnet status even if they are just next to it. It can inflict the Magnet status through contact with released dust during its attacks or when beginning its enrage.
Rukodiora uses its magnetic manipulation abilities to hurl objects at hunters, as well as throw around the hunters themselves. It is highly aggressive and will employ the use of a variety of weapons to dispatch an attacker.
Other Non-Subspecies Forms
Main Article: Zenith Rukodiora
|MHFO: Rukodiora Music Theme|
- The horns and wings can both be broken twice. The tail can also be severed.
- Rukodiora was one of the few Frontier monsters to have an introduction cutscene. This played at the beginning of the battle in the Interceptor's Base, but could be skipped like intros in other MH games.
- The introduction cutscene was only used briefly after the release of Monster Hunter Frontier Forward.1 and now no longer plays at the start of a Rukodiora fight.
- Rukodiora weapons use both Dragon and Paralysis because according to item info touching the strange webbing of Rukodiora causes one to go numb from its unique electrical shock.
- Rukodiora's roar requires Earplugs to block.
- Rebidiora is a Rukodiora variant introduced in Monster Hunter Frontier G. It unlike Rukodiora uses its electricity as a weapon due to overflow.
- Rukodiora's unique design came from dragonflies.
- Rukodiora's weaknesses change depending on its mood; when calm, it is weak to Dragon and resistant to Ice, but when enraged, it becomes weak to Ice and resistant to Dragon.
- Rukodiora can be paralyzed, but it isn't very effective, unlike almost any other monster, Rukodiora can drag itself around while paralyzed.
- Rukodiora is however, just as susceptible to Poison, Sleep, Flash Bombs, and KO with Impact attacks as most other monsters.
- When its tail is cut off or its horns are broken, it will temporarily lose its magnetic ability.
- Its wings are golden-colored when there's no magnetic field surrounding Rukodiora,then changes to dark orange once the field is activated.
- The second rock of HR100 Rukodiora is a popular subject for Frontier players to complain about because it circles Rukodiora out of its control and often knocks down hunters who are in the middle of attacking, healing, etc.