Scarred Yian Garuga are Variants of Yian Garuga first introduced in Monster Hunter Freedom. Although Scarred Yian Garugas were introduced to the series prior to Yian Garuga individuals with uninjured faces, some games in the series, such as Monster Hunter World: Iceborne, treat them as Variants of Yian Garugas without scars, while other games, such as Monster Hunter Freedom feature them as the standard Yian Garuga individual.
In terms of appearance, Scarred Yian Garuga is virtually identical to Yian Garuga. The main difference between the two is that one of this monster's ears is missing and Scarred Yian Garuga received a scar across its face. It also can only be found in a tempered state.
Behavior and Abilities
In terms of behavior, Scarred Yian Garuga is just as aggressive as Yian Garuga. The two monsters have virtually the same moves, but in Monster Hunter World: Iceborne, Scarred Yian Garuga can execute more consecutive air attacks than Yian Garuga, as well as unleash a barrage of small fire balls whilst airborne.
Click on Expand to see contents.
- Monster Hunter Freedom (Introduced as normal Yian Garuga)
- Monster Hunter 2
- Monster Hunter Freedom 2
- Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (Introduced)
- Monster Hunter 4
- Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
- Monster Hunter World: Iceborne
- Monster Hunter Frontier
- Monster Hunter Frontier Season 2.0
- Monster Hunter Frontier Season 3.0
- Monster Hunter Frontier Season 4.0
- Monster Hunter Frontier Season 5.0
- Monster Hunter Frontier Season 6.0
- Monster Hunter Frontier Season 7.0
- Monster Hunter Frontier Season 8.0
- Monster Hunter Frontier Season 9.0
- Monster Hunter Frontier Season 10
- Monster Hunter Frontier Forward.1
- Monster Hunter Frontier Forward.2
- Monster Hunter Frontier Forward.3
- Monster Hunter Frontier Forward.4
- Monster Hunter Frontier Forward.5
- Monster Hunter Frontier G
- Monster Hunter Frontier G2
- Monster Hunter Frontier G3
- Monster Hunter Frontier G Genuine
- Monster Hunter Frontier G5
- Monster Hunter Frontier G6
- Monster Hunter Frontier G7
- Monster Hunter Frontier G8
- Monster Hunter Frontier G9
- Monster Hunter Frontier G10
- Monster Hunter Frontier Z
- Monster Hunter Frontier Z Zenith
MHWI Element/Status Effectiveness
For more information, see Yian Garuga Equipment
- Due to Scarred Yian Garuga being introduced in Monster Hunter Freedom, and Yian Garuga being introduced in Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Scarred Yian Garuga is the only Variant in the Monster Hunter series to be introduced before prior to its standard version.
- Despite being a Variants of Yian Garuga, Scarred Yian Garuga does not have its own armor set in Monster Hunter World: Iceborne. However, some of its materials are needed to complete the standard Yian Garuga set.
- Scarred Yian Garuga's fireball barrage counts as multiple hits, thus attempting to I-frame them or absorb the damage with the Rocksteady Mantle is considerably more risky if not outright impractical.
- Scarred Yian Garuga appears alongside Yian Garuga in these games.
- Standard unscarred Yian Garuga individuals only appear on the hatching screen immediately after birth. Upon leaving that screen, the juvenile Yian Garuga will adopt the appearance of a Scarred Yian Garuga.
|▷ Monsters appearing in Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (edit)|
|Herbivore||Anteka Apceros Aptonoth Gastodon Kelbi Kestodon Mosswine Popo|
|Lynian||Boaboa Felyne Gajalaka Grimalkyne|
|Fanged Beast||Rajang Furious Rajang|
|Bird Wyvern||Kulu-Ya-Ku Pukei-Pukei Coral Pukei-Pukei Tzitzi-Ya-Ku Yian Garuga Scarred Yian Garuga|
|Brute Wyvern||Anjanath Fulgur Anjanath Banbaro Barroth Brachydios Raging Brachydios Deviljho Savage Deviljho Glavenus Acidic Glavenus Radobaan Uragaan|
|Fanged Wyvern|| Girros Jagras Shamos Wulg|
Dodogama Great Girros Great Jagras Odogaron Ebony Odogaron Tobi-Kadachi Viper Tobi-Kadachi Zinogre Stygian Zinogre
|Piscine Wyvern||Beotodus Jyuratodus Lavasioth|
|Wingdrake||Barnos Cortos Mernos Noios Raphinos|
|Flying Wyvern||Barioth Frostfang Barioth Bazelgeuse Seething Bazelgeuse Diablos Black Diablos Legiana Shrieking Legiana Nargacuga Paolumu Nightshade Paolumu Rathalos Azure Rathalos Silver Rathalos Rathian Pink Rathian Gold Rathian Tigrex Brute Tigrex|
|Elder Dragon||Alatreon Behemoth Fatalis Kirin Kulve Taroth Kushala Daora Lunastra Namielle Nergigante Ruiner Nergigante Safi'jiiva Shara Ishvalda Teostra Vaal Hazak Blackveil Vaal Hazak Velkhana Xeno'jiiva Zorah Magdaros|
|Relict||Leshen Ancient Leshen|