Seething Bazelgeuse has a more metallic blue coloration to its body when in its normal state. Its normal state is like Bazelgeuse's heated state. It can power up even further, with its head and tail glowing white hot, then beyond that, glowing a searing purple-white.
Behavior and Abilities
Seething Bazelgeuse has further developed its explosive scales to a devastating degree. In its first powered-up state it drops explosive scales as usual, though these scales can be flung with more attacks at a wide range. In its second powered-up state, the scales glow purple-hot before exploding in a huge blast radius. These scales will stick to surfaces, including walls. When all its scales are glowing purple, Seething Bazelgeuse will unleash its most powerful move: soaring into the sky while scattering scales in a wide area, then crashing back down with a massive explosion. This attack uses up all its explosive scales, making it revert back to its regular state. Seething Bazelgeuse has the ability to fling scales just by swinging it's head or tail removing it's usual need to do bombing runs. Not only do they fly more wildly but because they are always heated up it has no need of needing to detonate them with it's body.
|Hitzone Damage Data|
|Hitzone||Cutting Damage||Impact Damage||Shot Damage|
|Breakable Parts:||Head, Back, Wings(Individually), Tail(Sever)|
|Element Weakness Damage Data|
|Abnormal Status Data|
|Poison||-5 / 10 seconds||320 damage / 20 seconds||-|
|Paralysis||-5 / 10 seconds||0 damage / 10 seconds||-|
|Sleep||-5 / 10 seconds||0 damage / 40 seconds||-|
|Blastblight||-||100 damage / 0 seconds||-|
|-5 / 10 seconds||250 drain / 0 seconds||-|
|Stun||-5 / 10 seconds||0 damage / 7 seconds||-|
|-||-||0 damage / 20→16→12→8 seconds||-|
|Dung||-||-||0 damage / 30 seconds||-|
|Pitfall Trap||-||-||10→8→6→4→2 seconds||-|
|Shock Trap||-||-||8→6→4→2 seconds||-|
|Ivy Trap||-||-||0 damage / 8 seconds||-|
|150 + 200||-5 / 5 seconds||-||-|
- Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (Introduced)
This section is about monster materials unique to Seething Bazelgeuse in Monster Hunter World: Iceborne. For detailed lists, as well as carves in other games, see Seething Bazelgeuse Carves.
|11||4220z||Very rare Seething Bazelgeuse material. Mostly obtained by carving. Broadly used for many purposes.|
|11||6520z||Very rare Seething Bazelgeuse material. Mostly obtained as a reward. Solid, used to craft gear.|
|11||8880z||Very rare Seething Bazelgeuse material. Obtained by carving its severed tail. Stiff, used to craft gear.|
|11||8920z||Very rare Seething Bazelgeuse material. Obtained by breaking its head. Compatible with blast element|
|11||8840z||Very rare Seething Bazelgeuse material. Mostly obtained by carving. Compatible with blast element.|
|11||8860z||Very rare Seething Bazelgeuse material. Obtained by breaking its wings. Used in many weapons.|
|12||21000z||Very rare Seething Bazelgeuse material. Used to craft weapons powerful enough to take over the world.|
This section is about Equipments made from Seething Bazelgeuse materials in Monster Hunter World: Iceborne. For more information, see Seething Bazelgeuse Equipment
The following is a complete weapon list for Seething Bazelgeuse weapons:
|Long Sword||Dual Blades||Hunting Horn|
- Seething Bazelgeuse replaces the standard Bazelgeuse in Master Rank.
- While it can do all attack moves of the regular species, Seething Bazelgeuse is more accustomed to terrestrial combat and is less likely to take flight during combat.
- Seething Bazelgeuse will modify its grounded moveset and tactics once its bombs start glowing purple, with changes to its moveset including being able to perform its plowing charge twice and being able to finish its tail sweep attack with a tail slam.
- Curiously, Seething Bazelgeuse doesn't adopt the same nomadic behaviour its High Rank counterpart is famous for.
- Its roar is substantially different from its regular counterpart's, being far more guttural and throaty.
- Interestingly, Seething Bazelgeuse's and Bazelgeuse's bomb scales are capable of inflicting Blastblight only on other monsters. Instead of Blastblight, a hunter will instead be inflicted with Fireblight when hit by the same attacks.
- Seething Bazelgeuse's bomb scales are unusually deadly against Trailraider monsters, often taking them out with one or two of blasts even if their unity level is maxed. This odd effectiveness also exist on Savage Deviljho's jaw slams.