Seregios is a medium-sized bipedal wyvern covered in lustrous gold scales. Its face features red markings around the eyes which continue along its body, its head being topped with a single, backwards-curving horn. Its feet are zygodactyl in nature, with two toes facing forward and two toes facing backward. Each of Seregios's scales can swivel individually as it will use them to perform a rattling display when agitated.
Seregios can fire its quill-like scales at attackers as well as using its powerful feet and talons to slash and grasp prey and foes alike.
Seregios is a highly-developed aerial hunter. It is fierce and aggressive towards both prey and foes alike. It is known to attempt to overtake the territories of other monsters, and asserts an apex role over its environment.
Seregios are originally known to inhabit very small isolated environments which are not well documented. However, due to the sudden appearance of Apex Seregios, much of the population has been displaced, and as a result, they can be found in a variety of different environments such as the Dunes, Everwood, Heaven's Mount, Sunken Hollow, Volcanic Hollow, Frozen Seaway, and Ancestral Steppe. Apex Seregios has been seen attacking the Battlequarters.
Other Non-Subspecies Forms
Main Article: Demonic Seregios
MH4U: Seregios Music Theme
MH4U Breakable Parts
- Before the release of its official name, Yuri of Capcom-Unity jokingly referred to its name as "Steve" as a reply to a fan's comment regarding the Monster. 
- During the 10th anniversary size comparison video it attacks a Rathian and briefly battles a Rathalos.
- Seregios was created to be the rival of Rathalos, including its BGM.
- Its head, wings and legs can be broken and the tail can be severed and carved once.
- Breaking its body parts makes its scales less effective: does less damage and has lower chance to inflict bleeding status.
- Seregios has a pin attack.
- If its pin attack is successful, it will throw the hunter/palico it pinned at another hunter/palico.
- If Seregios hits you with its scales, roll to receive less damage and avoid being afflicted by Bleeding status.
- Seregios' roar requires Earplugs to block.
- When in rage mode, the scales around its head and neck stand up.
- Seregios and Chaotic Gore Magala are the only monsters in Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate to have weapons with a unique gimmick.
- Seregios' weapons have a gimmick in which after an evade they either restore one unit of sharpness or reload a single bullet.
- The Bow has its own unique feature in which Close Range Coatings add on the Power Coating affect.
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
- Seregios will prey on Apceros or feed on a carcass to recover stamina.
- Its horn, talons, and each wing can be broken, and its tail can be cut.
- Seregios can be affected by the Frenzy Virus and Apex Status.
- Apex Seregios' weak spots are its belly, head, legs and tail tip. Attacking any other part without the Drive Wystone will cause the weapon to bounce.
- Apex Seregios is always a gold crown large size.
- Apex Seregios can shoot additional scales with some attacks, such as its sweeping aerial kick, tail sweeps and body tackle.
- Apex Seregios appears as a one-time only quest in 10* Caravan. This is the only time an Apex monster shows up in High-rank, and the quest cannot be repeated once cleared.
- G-rank Apex Seregios is unlocked in Elder Hall by deciphering the third Aged Text. Once its quest has been obtained, it may also randomly show up as the target of an Urgent Quest in the Battlequarters.
Monster Hunter Generations
- Low-Rank Seregios only uses its sweeping aerial kick once in a row when in rage mode.
- Seregios is elligible for the Hyper State.
- Its legs, tail, and head can be Hyper charged.
- Hyper Claw+ and Hyper Horn+ can be obtained from Hyper Seregios quests.
Monster Hunter Frontier
- Seregios's Rage Mode is a bit different in Frontier. In addition to the normal changes a few red vein patterns appear and one can notice a sort of "scale aura" around it while in this state, and strangely some of the stood up scales turn gray.
- Oddly its wings in this game change a bit whenever it uses certain aerial attacks, some red vein patterns appear and the edges turn a shiny yellow.
- Instead of the scales exploding and causing Bleeding to those caught in the small blast like in the other games, the scales stick to the ground similarly to Hyujikiki's needles and inflict it when Hunters step on them, or get hit by them when they're flung.
Monster Hunter Explore
- Even with the game saying that Seregios has the fire element, it doesn't seems to use any elemental attack.