Shrieking Legiana are structurally the same as their regular counterparts, but have black coloration instead of blue and their chest, tail, and wing patterns are encrusted with spiky ice.
Behavior and Abilities
Shrieking Legiana's manipulation of ice improved further as a result of adapting to the Hoarfrost Reach. Many of their attacks cover large areas with ice spikes, and they can use powerful dive attacks.
- Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (Introduced)
| Legiana Shard|
|10||2840z||Very rare Legiana material. Mostly obtained by carving. Broadly used for many purposes.|
| Rimed Hide|
|10||5460z||Very rare Shrieking Legiana material. Mostly obtained as a reward. Lightweight, used to craft gear.|
| Obsidian Iceclaw|
|10||7360z||Very rare Shrieking Legiana material. Mostly obtained by carving. Grants ice elemental properties.|
| Stark Wing|
|10||7420z||Very rare Shrieking Legiana material. Obtained by breaking its wings. Supple, used to craft gear.|
| Legiana Tail Webbing+|
|10||5920z||Very rare Legiana material. Obtained by breaking its tail. Supple, used to craft gear.|
| Legiana Mantle|
|11||15000z||Very rare Legiana material. Used to craft weapons powerful enough to take over the world.|
- For more information, see Legiana Equipment
The following is a complete weapon list for Shrieking Legiana weapons:
|Long Sword:||Sword and Shield:|
Other Non-Subspecies Forms
Main Article: Legiana
Legiana are Flying Wyverns first introduced in Monster Hunter: World. Legiana is known to live in the highest peaks of the Coral Highlands. It is an apex predator there, hunting prey of all shapes and sizes from the skies. It emits a chilling wind from its body, which dulls its prey's ability to escape.
- While parts of its body are covered in icicles, Shrieking Legiana can send waves of ice at enemies. Hunters can break off the ice that adorns its body by attacking it, lessening the strength of its potent ability.
- Certain slinger ammo, such as crystalbursts, can break the icicles off Shrieking Legiana's body instantly.
- Shrieking Legiana will call a normal Legiana using an unearthly sound. This results in the normal Legiana fighting side-by-side the Shrieking Legiana and it will not leave the area until the Shrieking Legiana leaves or a player fires a dungpod at the Legiana.
- The normal Legiana will follow Shrieking Legiana across various areas.
- The attacks of either monsters will not hurt or affect one another.
- Shrieking Legiana's cooperative relation with a regular Legiana is the only one between large monsters in the game that is not related to sexual dimorphism.
- When poisoned, Shrieking Legiana will sometimes vomit, creating a long-period opening for hunters to attack.
- Shrieking Legiana is the only variant in the Iceborne expansion outside of updates that does not replace its standard species completely.